The ICYMI Weekly Round-Up: November 27–December 1, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And because of last week’s Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S., this is a special, two-week digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: That’s Our Opinion (and a Few of Yours)
Ivanti is more than just a broad portfolio of solutions for a variety of IT-empowered, business-critical tasks and functions. Ivanti is also a nexus of experienced, passionate experts in multiple areas. Some are Ivanti team members, some are partners, and some are customers. And they all have opinions about a broad range of subjects, from the latest cybersecurity vulnerabilities and breaches to what the coming year will bring for IT.
This week’s blog posts provide a great sampling of some of those opinions. So check them out, below and online. Who knows? You might be moved to express one or more of your own.
Recent Blog Posts
- Better, Faster, Cheaper, More: Why Your Warehouse Needs Modern Mobile Solutions – how modern mobile apps can improve worker productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Mobility in the Warehouse: Obstacles and Opportunities – what stands in the way of modern warehouse mobility, and why the business benefits are worth the effort.
- Extending Your Service Management Platform to Self Service Portal – how to cut through the hype around, and get to the benefits of, employee self-service.
- Your Best Answers to the Question: What’s the Best Reason for Moving Interchange to Dallas? – we asked, and you answered – and here are the ones we loved most.
- Mac Users Be Aware: High Sierra Flaw Exposes Root – details of a flaw in the latest macOS release, and what to do about it.
- Product Newsletter Blog for November 2017 – the latest releases and updates for Ivanti Service Manager, Ivanti Endpoint Manager, Ivanti Avalanche, and more.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for November 30, 2017: Big Mac Attack? – more on the High Sierra macOS flaw, plus more leaked data from a U.S. government agency.
- IT, 2017-2018: A Look Back and A Look Ahead, with/by Michael Dortch – our Senior Content Development Manager takes talking to himself to a new level.
- Ivanti @ Fusion 2017: Fear and Learning in Orlando for ITSM and IT Pros – notes from discussions with attendees at our booth at the show.
- Interchange IT Podcast Recap: Michael Kersey & Dallin Hudson – tales of horror (and humor) from two of Ivanti’s own IT pros.
- Windows 10 Migration Tips from Real Experts – real-life recommendations from Ivanti customers via members of Ivanti’s Technical Consulting Team.
Coming Up This Week
Two webinars on Dec. 5 – one on What’s New in Ivanti Avalanche 6.2, and one on how to improve IT management services and processes for your business (in Italian). On Dec. 6, you can find Ivanti at the ITSM Exchange in Minneapolis, MN, and at the Blue Light Innovation Summit in London, UK. We’ve also got a webinar that day, on “Why SAM (Software Asset Management)” – and no, the “A” is not for “avoidance.”
On Dec. 7, Ivanti will be at The Cyber Security Summit in Manchester, UK. We’ve got two webinars that day as well, one on Using Microsoft AutoPilot and Intune with Ivanti Workspace Manager, and another on extending SCCM with third-party patch management (in French).
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for more details and updates.