The ICYMI Weekly Round-Up: October 23–27, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: The Ivanti Security Summit Next Week!
If cybersecurity matters to you and your enterprise – and it does – you need to be in Seattle next Wednesday, Nov. 8, at the Ivanti Security Summit, Powered by the Chertoff Group. The theme: Cybersecurity for Today’s Extreme Threats. The goal: to review the critical components of a successful, actionable security strategy.
If you’ve been reading news reports during the past few months, you know that successful hacker attacks have resulted in several big, high-profile cybersecurity breaches. And if you’ve been reading any of our security blog posts, you know that we’re sure this isn’t going to end anytime soon. You need an agile, comprehensive strategy to achieve defense in depth and rapid remediation of attacks that succeed. This Summit will give you the tools and inspiration to craft and execute that strategy at your enterprise.
The Chertoff Group is a leading global advisory firm with a focus on security and technology. Principals and expert partners of the firm will join Ivanti CEO Steve Daly, CISO Phil Richards, Manager of Product Marketing Amber Boehm, and Manager of Product Management Chris Goettl for a day of focused, interactive sessions.
Since you’re reading this, you’re obviously an Ivanti VIP, so you can attend the Summit with Ivanti’s compliments. Click here for more information, or to register. It will be definitely be worth your time.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Does Your Migration Approach Need An Upgrade? – how to make your Windows 10 migration easier and faster than past efforts.
- Ransomware: The New Shrinkage? – is ransomware becoming a normal cost of doing business in retail?
- Interchange IT Podcast: First Episode Recap with Chris Goettl – enjoy this summary of the inaugural Interchange IT Podcast, again, for the first time, or both.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for October 26, 2017: A Bad Rabbit and a Grim Reaper – a new ransomware attack and a new threat to the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Product Newsletter Blog for October 2017 – updates on Ivanti License Optimizer, Ivanti Application Control, Ivanti Automation, Ivanti Endpoint Manager, and more.
- Ivanti: Access the Power of Unified IT – an overview of how Ivanti solutions are designed to help you ease and speed your IT modernization and unification efforts.
- User Workspace Management and the Future of AppSense DesktopNow and RES ONE Workspace – a glimpse of how Ivanti plans to maintain and support both products, and merge the best features of both.
- Interchange IT Podcast: 5 Reasons You’ll Totally Hate It – because we already gave you five reasons to love it, and fair’s only fair.
- Three Components Required for a Complete IT Asset Management Solution (Part 4 of 4): Lifecycle Management – the exciting, action-packed conclusion of the great series by Ivanti Sales Engineer III Marcel Shaw.
- Ivanti at FUSION 17 and the ITSM Paradox – a sneak peek at Ivanti at Fusion 17, and some thoughts on the evolution of ITSM, from Ivanti ITSM Sales Director Matt Hooper.
- 4 Keys to World-Class IT Service Management (ITSM): Webinar Highlights – highlights from an Ivanti webinar featuring Ivanti Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives Kevin Smith and Senior Product Marketing Manager David Martinez.
Coming Up This Week
This week, you can catch up with Ivanti at the Service Management Fusion conference in Orlando, Oct. 31 through Nov. 3. We’ll also be exhibiting at the Gartner Symposium ITxpo Japan 2017 in Tokyo, Oct. 31 through Nov. 2. Ivanti is also participating in the Service Desk Institute’s Service Desk Standard event in London on Nov. 1, and the Data Connectors Cybersecurity Conference in Birmingham, AL on Nov. 2. And if you’re attending the Dutch Citrix User Group confab in Amsterdam on Nov. 3, we’ll see you there, too. Online this week, we’ll be presenting A Non-Salesy Introduction to the Ivanti Portfolio on Nov. 1, and discussing The Biggest Mistake You Can Make With Your Data Center Licenses on Nov. 3.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for more details and updates.