The ICYMI Weekly Round-Up: October 16–20, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: GDPR Is (Still) Coming – and So Is the Ivanti Podcast!
At the risk of repeating ourselves, the United Kingdom (UK)’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming in May 2018, and your enterprise needs to be ready, even if based elsewhere. The GDPR seeks to protect the personally identifiable information (PII) of every European Union (EU) citizen, wherever they may be. So if you do business with EU citizens, the GDPR applies to you – and the fines and penalties for non-compliance.
This week, we’ve got some more blog posts intended to encourage and support your efforts to achieve GDPR compliance, and to highlights the business benefits of doing so. And we’ve also got a preview of our new podcast. We’ve even got an attempt to peer into the future of technology, and a salute to an Ivanti customer nominated for a really cool industry award. Check’em out!
Blog Posts of the Week
- GDPR Compliance Strategy: Turning Lemons into Lemonade – some of the additional benefits your enterprise could realize from implementing a comprehensive plan for compliance with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation.
- GDPR Is Coming: Why U.S. Companies Must Start Planning for GDPR Now – more on what your U.S.-based enterprise should be doing to prepare for GDPR.
- An Exclusive Sneak Peek at the Interchange IT Podcast – be the first on your team to hear the coolest podcast in IT! (Not that we’re biased or anything…)
- Technologies That Will Change the World in the next Five Years – gazing into the technology crystal ball, and divining the possible effects on and opportunities for your business.
- Ivanti Customer Nominated for Women in IT Awards – read why Collette Clayton, Senior Manager, Global ITSM Tower Lead at Newell Brands, made the short list for Information Age’s Women in IT Awards.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for October 19, 2017: The Devil(s) Inside – a pervasive Wi-Fi vulnerability, and new cybersecurity requirements for federal government agencies.
- What’s New in Ivanti Environment Manager, Management Center, and Application Control 10.1 FR3 – deeper integration and other enhancements for customers on their Windows 10 journey.
Coming Up This Week
Once again this week, Ivanti will be hosting Connect events, featuring cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, spirited discussion, and the latest Ivanti solutions. We’ll be “Connect-ing” in Denver, CO and Princeton, NJ on Tuesday, Oct. 24, in Los Angeles, CA, Cleveland, OH, and Philadelphia, PA on Wednesday, Oct. 25, and in Columbus, OH on Thursday, Oct. 26.
Elsewhere in the world, Ivanti will be exhibiting at the Salon Professionnel Avenir Logistique trade show in Toulouse, France, Oct. 24-26, and at the ITS in Tertiary Education conference in Melbourne, Australia Oct. 24-25. You can also catch up with us at the TechTalk Summit in Savannah, GA, and at the NZTech Advance Security Summit 2017 in Wellington, NZ, both on Oct. 25.
Ivanti will be even busier the next day. On Oct. 26, Ivanti will be at the Data Connectors trade show in Nashville, TN, the TechTalk Summit in Jacksonville, FL, and the vForum 2017 conference in Beijing, China. Ivanti will also exhibit and present at the Trusted Cloud – Openline conference at Kasteel Maurick in Vught, the Netherlands. And if that weren’t enough, we’ll be featuring golf, food, drinks, and Ivanti Velocity at one of our famous Ivanti Partner Days, in Charlotte, NC that same day.
Online, on Oct. 24, we’ve got Top 5 Healthcare IT Challenges and Getting Started with Software Distribution in Ivanti Endpoint Manager. On Oct. 25, we’re presenting Dashboard per la gestione dell'IT: uno strumento per la Direzione (an introduction to Ivanti Xtraction, in Italian), and New Data: Surprising Discoveries and Key Takeaways on Warehouse Efficiency. And on Oct. 27, we’re presenting Operational Security: Endgeräte-Management meets Security (featuring Ivanti Unified Endpoint Management, in German).
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for more details and updates.