The ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Weekly Round-Up: July 3–7, 2017
Greetings. This is a new, weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
The Big News: Ivanti Acquires RES Software!
On July 5, Ivanti announced its acquisition of RES Software. Check out the news release. Then read the blog post and watch the video clip featuring CMO Steve Morton and CEO Steve Daly explaining why we did it, and how it will benefit our customers. (Still have questions? Register now for this Wednesday’s live Q&A about the acquisition, once again featuring “the two Steves.”)
Blog Posts of the Week
- Webinar Q&A: Petya and Weaponized Malware – a follow-up to our recent webinar and summary blog post, “Petya and Weaponized Malware: Is Ransomware the New DDoS Attack?”
- Unified Management Is the Whole Endpoint: An Insightful Q&A – a quick, candid, insightful, and enjoyable Q&A with Ivanti director of product management Alan Braithwaite.
- Next-Generation ITSM: Impetus for Growth and Change – how the evolution of IT service management is driving both change and growth for ITSM teams, highlighting new research findings from Enterprise Management Associates® (EMA™).
- Next-Generation ITSM: The Past as Prologue – what ITSM’s recent past says about its imminent future, based on surveys conducted by EMA.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for July 6, 2017: Petya, and Beyond – more on the Petya/NotPetya ransomware attack, and other cybersecurity news.
- Hey, EMA Report on ITSM: You Had Me at “Hub” – thoughts on ITSM as a hub of enterprise innovation, inspired by new research by EMA.
- Real-Life ITSM: Short Stories of Success – three snapshots of customers moving ITSM forward at their enterprises with Ivanti® Service Manager, powered by HEAT.
Coming Up This Week
- Wednesday, July 12: our July Patch Tuesday webinar – the latest on Microsoft and third-party security patches, from Ivanti security product manager Chris Goettl. Also, Ivanti Senior IT Security Sales Engineer Todd Blaese will present on “Defense In-Depth” at the Data Connectors conference in Orlando, Florida.
- Thursday, July 13: LIVE Q&A with Ivanti's CEO and CMO – more on the RES Software acquisition.
Also this week, Ivanti will be exhibiting at the Florida Local Government Information Systems Association Conference in Naples. Come see us!