The ICYMI Weekly Round-Up: December 11–15, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: Big Supply Chain Changes Coming!
2018 will likely be a big year for many warehouse and supply chain decision makers, according to new research sponsored by Ivanti and conducted by respected market watchers VDC Research.
The new study, “Taking Advantage of Apps and App Modernization in Warehousing,” is based on a survey of respondents from North America and Europe, conducted this past August. And it offers some interesting findings and compelling take-aways.
- 53 percent of IT decision makers supporting warehouse operations view their mobility deployments as immature.
- 56 percent of organizations plan to upgrade their existing fleet of mobile devices as their current devices near end-of-life.
- One in four respondents cited a more visual and modern user interface as a critical factor influencing the decision to upgrade.
- End-of-life for legacy operating systems presents challenges for warehousing operations.
- Industrial browsers can ease transition to modern mobile platforms.
- Modern mobility can drive speed and agility.
Read the news release to learn more about the study. Then, get your complimentary copy, check out our supply chain blog posts, and explore our solutions for your warehouse operations and supply chain challenges. Let Ivanti help you keep your New Year’s resolution to modernize your warehouse and supply chain, and further tap into The Power of Unified IT™.
Recent Blog Posts
- December Patch Tuesday 2017 – our final 2017 round-up of leading vendors’ software patch and update releases, and what you should do about them.
- Podcast Recap: The Present and Future of Virtual Reality, Thoughts on Bitcoin and Grey’s Anatomy – a fascinating interview with the founder of a virtual reality (VR) studio and arcade in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Transforming the Patching Process – how Ivanti is helping the University of Pittsburgh consolidate, automate, and improve patch management and cybersecurity, with tips you can use at your organization.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for December 14, 2017: New Hacks and Scams, Just in Time for the Holidays! – new attacks on banking systems, a new PayPal phishing scam, and new research that highlights an old program: bad user-created passwords.
- File Director 4.4 – Improved Efficiency and Metrics to Drive User Acceptance – new features to ease and speed your Windows 10 deployments and increase user adoption.
- Two Great Benefits for Ivanti Customers Only: The Solution Adviser and The Insider Hub! – two exclusive ways we help our customers get more value from their Ivanti investments.
Coming Up This Week
Only two events on the calendar this week, both on Dec. 20 and both online. One webinar introduces the Ivanti IT Asset Management (ITAM) attainment model, in French. The other focuses on how Ivanti brings third-party application patching to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) users, in Italian.
We hope you can join one or both of these online events. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for more details and updates.