May 2012 Patch Tuesday Advanced Notification
Microsoft has released their Advanced Notification for the May 2012 edition of Patch Tuesday. Microsoft is planning to release seven bulletins addressing 23 vulnerabilities. In addition, they will be releasing a Security Advisory to update ActiveX killbits. Last year, Microsoft moved the ActiveX killbit updates from a Security Bulletin to a Security Advisory. So, you should be aware that there will be eight bulletins that need your attention next Tuesday.
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- 4 bulletins are rated as Critical
- 3 bulletins are rated as Important
- 5 bulletins addressing vulnerabilities that could lead to Remote Code Execution
- 2 bulletins addressing vulnerabilities that could lead to Elevation of Privilege
- All supported Microsoft Operating Systems
- All supported Microsoft Office products (2003, 2007, 2010)
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack
- Microsoft Visio Viewer 2010
- Microsoft Excel Viewer
- Microsoft Silverlight 4, 5
I will be going over the May Patch Tuesday in detail in addition to any other non-Microsoft releases since the last Patch Tuesday in our Monthly Patch Tuesday webinar. This webinar is scheduled for next Wednesday, May 9th at 11:00am CST. You can register for this webinar here.
- Jason Miller