Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: Equifax, Continued…
Fallout continues from the Equifax breach first reported on September 7. Since then, we’ve learned that Equifax discovered in July that it had been breached in May, via a vulnerability identified and patched in March. More recently, reports indicate that personally identifiable information (PII) about 400,000 Britons may also have been put at risk by the Equifax breach, and that the company’s CIO and CSO are retiring “effective immediately.”
Equifax is the latest high-profile example of a widely known, inconsistently addressed IT and cybersecurity challenge: comprehensive, timely patch management. Respected bodies worldwide agree that effective patch management is critical to multi-layered cybersecurity. But despite its importance, and the risks of not doing it, many enterprises are not.
Check out “The Equifax Breach, Patch Management, and Your Cybersecurity.” Then, visit Ivanti online to request a free trial of our patch management solutions, or acquire combinations of select Ivanti cybersecurity offerings at discounts of up to 30 percent through September.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Ditching Device Drama in the Classroom with Apple Device Enrollment – how Apple School Manager + Ivanti = ready-to-go, ready-to-manage classroom devices via the Apple Device Enrollment Program.
- September Patch Tuesday – lots of CVEs, plus more on the Equifax breach and new hacking tools from The Shadow Brokers.
- ITAM: It’s Time (For) A Makeover – the growing complexity of ITAM, the expanding definition of “IT assets,” and research from Gartner.
- For Ivanti, Change = Progress – reflections on changes and progress at Ivanti from Chief Technologist – EMEA Simon Townsend.
- Ivanti User Workspace Management (formerly AppSense) Release Cadence – details on the new quarterly release cadence announced earlier this year.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for September 14, 2017: Been All Around This World – details on disheartening survey findings from Australia, bigger cybersecurity investments in the European Union (EU), and resurgent threats in the US and Europe.
- The Ivanti Way: A Secure and Productive First Day – the good things that happen to new employees and their employers when IT gets onboarding right.
- The Equifax Breach, Patch Management, and Your Cybersecurity – as discussed above.
- A Fish Tank Got Hacked So We Wrote Puns About It – what happens when several Ivanti team members start floundering around the Internet of Things (IoT), just for the halibut.
- Ivanti Customer Wins Inspirational Leader of the Year in Birmingham – kudos to Sally Bogg, head of user services at Leeds Beckett University, and winner of IT Service Desk’s Inspirational Leader of the Year award.
Coming Up This Week
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, Rome, Italy: DotForce GDPR Meeting 2017 – Ivanti Sales Engineer Marco Mozzi discusses fighting ransomware with multi-level security at this conference focused on the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, online: Understanding How Your Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance Works – maximize the value of your investment in the Ivanti CSA by attending this informative webinar.
- Tuesday, Sept. 19, Birmingham, UK: SDI Service Improvement – Join Ivanti experts and your peers for a day of education and interaction, sponsored by Service Desk Institute (SDI).
- Wednesday, Sept. 20 – Thursday, Sept. 21, London, UK: Gartner IT Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summit – take your asset management efforts to the next level at this Gartner summit (and save €325 with registration code PRITAM2V).
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, Boise, ID: TechTalk Summit – see Ivanti solutions and interact with Ivanti representatives and your peers.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, Seattle, WA: TechTalk Summit – join Ivanti representatives and your industry colleagues for an informative, interactive dinner.
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, online: A Non-Salesy Introduction to the Ivanti Portfolio – RES founder and CEO Bob Janssen and Ivanti CMO Steve Morton discuss how RES products fit into the Ivanti portfolio and help Ivanti deliver The Power of Unified IT™.
- Thursday, Sept. 21, Alpharetta, GA: Ivanti Partner Days – explore Velocity, eat, drink, and even get a few pointers on your swing from a golf-pro at this “only for Ivanti partners” event.
- Thursday, Sept. 21, online: Technical Provisioning Configuration and Troubleshooting – advanced customizations, special considerations, common issues, and troubleshooting steps to aid your adoption of Windows 10.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for updates.