Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: The Transformation of ITAM
We’ve got three blog posts devoted to IT asset management (ITAM) this week, as you can read below. The reasons? Digital transformation is expanding and evolving the very definition of what an “IT asset” is. And however you define them, IT assets are both valuable and costly, making effective management of hardware and software a higher priority at many organizations.
Check out the blog posts to learn more about the evolution of ITAM, especially the particular challenges of software asset management (SAM) and how Ivanti can help to address them effectively. And make sure to read the Q&A with our ITAM experts. You and your organization’s ITAM strategy will definitely benefit.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Schools: Get Schooled About – Or Schooled By – Hackers – lessons learned about how hackers are going after schools, teachers, students, and staff, and what to do about it.
- The Interchange IT Podcast Interviews doTERRA CISO Eric Sorenson – how Ivanti technologies have become essential to this leading producer of essential oils.
- Redefining IT Asset Management for the Digital Age – how new technologies are driving new views of this critical function.
- ITAM: Optimize Your Data Center Software Spend – how Ivanti License Optimizer for Servers can bring modern software asset management to your data centers.
- Q&A with the ITAM Experts – Ivanti ITAM experts discuss how traditional ITAM is falling short of business requirements, and how Ivanti can help close the gaps.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for November 9, 2017: Malware Evolves – how hackers are fine-tuning their malware attacks, and how your organization should respond.
- Podcast Recap of Rocket Scientist Turned IT Expert: The Curious Case of Kevin J. Smith – how a former rocket scientist became a top ITSM expert and Ivanti’s Senior VP of Strategic Initiatives – and how he defines that job.
- GDPR Is Coming. Get GDPR Compliant Before It’s Too Late – more advice to get your organization ready for the General Data Protection Regulation, coming into effect on May 25, 2018.
Coming Up This Week
Another busy week at Ivanti, around the world and online. On Nov. 14 alone, we’ll be at the Cetus Solutions “Tackle Your 2018 IT Priorities with VMware” event in Birmingham, UK, and the Captive Eight confab in Atlanta. We’re also hosting a Connect event in Edinburgh, UK, and an ITSM Exchange “lunch and learn” seminar, featuring our ITSM Sales Director and Evangelist Matthew (@VigilantGuy) Hooper, at historic Keen’s Steakhouse in New York. That same day, you can learn What’s New in Ivanti Desktop and Server Management (DSM) 2017 online, in English or German.
On Nov. 15, Matt Hooper’s hosting another ITSM Exchange event, this time at The Capital Grille in Boston. Online, you can join us for our November Patch Tuesday webinar featuring Manager of Product Management Chris Goettl, and learn how to fight ransomware with multi-layered protection in Italian.
On Nov. 16, we’ll be at the VMUG UserCon in Birmingham, UK, and at the Cyber Security Summit and the Cetus Solutions “Tackle Your 2018 IT Priorities with VMware” event, both in London, UK. We’ll also be at two locations in France that day. Ivanti will discuss how to evolve your workstations by migrating to Windows 10 with our partner, Café Infeeny, in Bordeaux, and participate in the TechData SymPo Tech Tour in Strasbourg. And Matt Hooper will host another ITSM Exchange luncheon, this time in Chicago. Online, we’ll be Reviewing Endpoint Manager 2017.3 Linux Agent, and discussing how to protect your business and transform your cybersecurity in French with our partner, Cegedim Outsourcing. We wrap up the week on Nov. 17 in Strasbourg, France at a GDPR conference with our partner, Anetys.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for more details and updates.