The Interchange IT Podcast Interviews doTERRA CISO Eric Sorenson
In this episode, Steve Eror, McKay Allen, and an always-silent (yet ever-present) Erica Azad took a field trip to doTERRA, one of Utah's most popular essential oil companies.
After touring the building and sniffing a bunch of essential oils like hound dogs at a crime scene, the Interchange IT Podcast gang sat down to interview doTERRA CISO Eric Sorenson.
Fast facts about Eric Sorenson:
- Born in Yorba Linda, California
- Graduated from Utah State University with an undergraduate degree in business information systems
- Received an MBA from Westminster College
- Has three kids
- Loves long walks on the beach (OK, this one is not true.)
- Worked for IBM for four years right after school in the IT database world
- Worked for Zion's Bank Corporation doing more IT database work
- Went to HealthEquity and branched out to develop an information security program
- Worked at Arches Health Plan
Here are some of the questions Eric answers in this episode:
- How have the challenges changed in the information security world? Are the threats the same? Are they different?
- Does a direct marketing environment present security challenges when you have so many distributors?
- Give us a sense of the size of the company.
- Do you try to manage distributors' devices?
- Your team was brought on after a security breach in March 2016. Tell us the strategy around making sure something like that doesn't happen again.
And much more!
Listen to the full podcast wherever you listen to podcasts:
Also, connect with your new favorite podcast on our social media sites!