The ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Weekly Round-Up: August 14–18, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: Ivanti Named an ITSM “Challenger” by Gartner!
In 2016, Gartner Inc. considered Landesk and Heat Software “niche players” in IT service management (ITSM). Last week, Ivanti proudly announced that it has been positioned in the Challengers quadrant, in the August 2017 ‘Magic Quadrant for IT Service Management (ITSM) Tools.’
In the report, Gartner analysts Chris Matchett, Rich Doheny, and Kenneth Gonzalez recognize Ivanti for its completeness of vision and ability to execute. “The merger of Landesk and Heat Software gives Ivanti a solid base to challenge the market leaders, backed by good automation for enterprise device management.”
More Big News: Ivanti’s New Customer Success Team Leader, Industry Veteran Gwendolyn Smith!
In the Ivanti announcement about its improved position in the Gartner ITSM Magic Quadrant mentioned above, CEO Steve Daly mentioned the company’s “customer-centric focus.” Last week, Ivanti welcomed a new executive who’s going make that focus even sharper.
Ivanti announced that it had hired Gwendolyn Smith, a 20-year industry veteran and “a specialist in leading customer services for hyper-growth software businesses,” as Executive Vice President, Customer Success & Professional Services. As we continue to grow, Gwendolyn will lead efforts to ensure that we continue to deliver “Ivanti-class” customer support and engagement, and professional services that help to make and keep our customers successful.
Read the announcement, then check out our customer support programs and professional services options. See all the ways we can help you to succeed with Ivanti solutions today – and look forward to more.
Blog Posts of the Week
- The Attack of the Devices – what Enterprise Management Associates® (EMA™) analysts say you should know and do about the growing range of user devices your network must support.
- Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and IT Service Management (ITSM): Critical Connections – how UEM can be a strong step toward more modern and effective ITSM.
- Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and IT Security: Critical Connections – why these two disciplines are inextricably intertwined, and what you should do about it.
- Unified Endpoint Management (UEM): How to Meet User Wants and Enterprise Needs – an EMA survey provides guidance for balancing flexibility and security with UEM.
- 4 Big Business Benefits of a Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) Solution – how UEM can tame complexity, improve security, raise productivity, and increase agility.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for August 17, 2017: The Devil Inside? – insider threats, extended life for old Windows systems, and why hackers love privileged accounts.
- Infected by Ransomware—Now What? – Ivanti Principal Product Manager Eran Livne on why rapid remediation is critical, and doesn’t have to be a nightmare.
- User Education for Cybersecurity: Yes, It’s Worth It – why user education is worth the investment, and what’s needed to maximize its effectiveness.
Coming Up This Week
- Thursday, August 24, Miami, FL: ITSM Summit: Unifying People, Process & Technology – join Ivanti Senior Vice President Kevin J. Smith to discuss how unified tools and processes can empower your IT team.
- Thursday, August 24, Atlanta, GA: Data Connectors Tech-Security Strategies Conference – Ivanti Senior IT Security Sales Engineer Todd Blaese presents on “Defense in-depth.”
- Thursday, August 24, Nashville, TN: Interface Nashville – join Ivanti for a lively session on “Securing the Digital Workspace” at this invitation-only conference.
- Thursday, August 24, London, UK: Service Strategy To Support Digital Transformation – Ivanti ITSM Pre-Sales Manager Chris Brown will facilitate audience-led working groups at this Service Desk Institute (SDI) event.
- Friday, August 25, Osaka, Japan: Ivanti Interchange – the latest stop on the Ivanti Global Tour, a series of complimentary, one-day events.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events. Make sure to share with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for updates.