Product Newsletter Blog for September 2020
Product updates and releases covered in this newsletter:
Ecommerce Now Available
This month we are excited to announce the option to purchase training directly from the Advantage Learning website You can purchase any live training course, exam or subscription. The option to purchase training with a PO through your Ivanti account representative is also still available.
Discover the training package that best meets your needs at advantagelearning.ivanti.com today!
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT
Manage Assets While Remote or On the Move with Ivanti Asset Manager 2020.3
With the Asset Manager mobile app available in the latest version of Asset Manager, you can manage your IT assets anytime, from anywhere. Search for assets by serial number, tag, device name, user, or location and update fields as necessary. You can view a user’s profile, check for incidents on the devices, and apply automated quick actions – all while working remote or on the move. Learn more about the 2020.3 release by viewing the “What’s New” webinar for Service Manager and Asset Manager. Stay tuned, the download for the on-premises deployment of Ivanti Asset Manager 2020.3 will soon be available from the Ivanti Community.
New Asset Manager Content Package Available To Support SNMP Connector, Medical Device Asset Types, And More
A new content package is available on the marketplace for existing Asset Manager cloud and on-premises customers. It includes metadata upgrades for the following:
- Ivanti Neurons connector for Endpoint Manager now support SNMP discovery for importing non-computer devices like Printer, Switch etc.
- Improved version of CDW Connector for Purchase Order line quantities and DCD connector for clusters and databases.
- Additional attributes added for Licensable Software tab and Software Assets Installations to show Last Used, Launch Count, and Minutes Used.
- Validated Ivanti Neurons connector for JAMF Pro to sync device data.
- New Asset Type “Medical Devices” is added and is part of Hardware assets workspace. Corresponding default sub-types have been added, for instance: Dialysis Machine, Incubators, Medical Ventilators, X-ray Machines, and other medical devices.
For prerequisites, instructions, and more information on this content package, please visit the marketplace.
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Ivanti Service Manager 2020.3 On-Premises Release Available Soon for Download
The latest version of Ivanti Service Manager for on-premises deployment will soon be available for download. This coming release will deliver new pre-packaged content to automate more Security Operations processes and tasks. Look for new capabilities with the mobile app to make it easier to view and update asset information while on the go.
Learn more about the release by viewing the “What’s New” webinar for Service Manager and Asset Manager.
When available, you’ll be able to download the 2020.3 release for on premises deployment from the Community here.
Find more Service Manager documentation in the Product Documentation section of the Ivanti website.
Get More from Ivanti Service Manager With New Marketplace Add-ons
There’re several new add-ons for Ivanti Service Manager that extend its capabilities and help you get new processes up and running faster. For example, if you’d like to extend Service Manager to support new workflows and request fulfillment for non-IT departments, be sure to check out two new add-ons to implement new roles, requests, forms and dashboards for Human Resources (HR) and Facilities Management. If you need to improve your Service Desk’s response to security issues, be sure to look into the new add-on for Security Operations that also offers you integrations, knowledge base, roles, workflows and reports to improve Security Incident Management. Service Manager cloud users will want to read about the add-on that makes it easier to populate Service Manager’s CMDB from Ivanti Neurons so you have a better view of the underlying assets for your critical services.
Learn more about these and other add-ons for Service Manager in the Ivanti Marketplace. Leverage the sample content to get you up and running faster, or as a starting point to customize as you need.
USER WORKSPACE MANAGER
User Workspace Manager (UWM) 2020.2
Ivanti User Workspace Manager 2020.2 continues to meet IT enterprise management needs and provide users an ambient Windows experience, wherever they may be. The 2020.2 update builds on core UWM capabilities to deliver a best-in-class digital workspace management solution. With these improvements, Ivanti is providing solutions to IT teams during uncertain times in areas of user personalization, application control, privilege management, and file and data synchronization. The update provides:
- Improved user experiences with the Windows Start Menu Designer, Windows Settings sync over VPN, and on-demand Windows 10 privilege elevation capabilities.
- Enhanced functionality for IT teams with URL re-Direction for Edge Browser, authenticated web-proxy support, OneDrive Delta API support, and File Director administration tools.