The ICYMI Weekly Round-Up: September 4–8, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: Equifax, Locky – and School’s Back In!
As you may have already read in last week’s Threat Thursday Update or elsewhere, credit reporting giant Equifax was breached, and Locky ransomware resurfaced. But for many of you, especially those of you with school-aged children in your lives, the biggest news of the week just may have been the start of the new school year.
With a new school year come new and recurring questions, whether you’re a parent, a teacher, or an administrator of classroom technology. Many of those questions boil down to this: how best to select, deploy, and manage technologies to deliver maximum enablement to educators and value to their students?
There is, of course, no single, simple answer. But there are some common trends and valuable solutions emerging. And more and more classrooms are becoming crucibles for the evolution of a key challenge for enterprises and educational institutions alike: unified endpoint management.
As you can see below, several of last week’s blog posts focus on how Ivanti is helping tame the management of multiple device types, in the classroom and the enterprise. Check them out, then spend some time at our web site or contact your local Ivanti representative. See how we can help improve endpoint management for your organization, whether it’s a school or an enterprise.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Windows Intune, Autopilot, and Ivanti User Workspace Manager – Ivanti Senior Software Engineer Phil Lawson discusses how Ivanti helps you to embrace and extend the functionality of Microsoft’s new Windows 10 management tools.
- Learning and Teaching: The Need for Well-Managed Technology – endpoint management meets classroom management, plus complimentary (and complementary!) white papers from Ivanti and Enterprise Management Associates® (EMA™).
- Think Your ITAM Operation is Agile? Ask Yourself These 6 Questions – Ivanti IT Asset Management (ITAM) Evangelist Patricia Adams offers six questions to help you assess your organization’s ITAM maturity.
- Got Office 365? Get Control of Users’ OneDrive Storage! – Ivanti Product Marketing Manager Oliver Sills on how Ivanti helps you to capture, control, and audit your Office 365 users’ OneDrive storage.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for September 7, 2017: Equifax Breached, Locky Returns, China Regulates – a major new breach, ransomware redux, and new cybersecurity laws from China.
- What Are the Four Keys to True UEM? – a transcript of a lively conversation among Ivanti experts about “real” unified endpoint management.
- A K-12 Education Case Study in Unified Endpoint Management – how Ivanti helped one school district deploy, manage, and track Windows, iOS, and macOS devices and mobile apps.
- Classroom Tech Questions? We Have Answers – more on how Ivanti helps teachers and classroom technology administrators manage Apple devices more easily and effectively.
Coming Up This Week
- Monday, Sept. 11 – Wednesday, Sept. 13, Nashville, TN: Gartner IT Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summit – see Ivanti’s latest ITAM solutions and network with your peers.
- Monday, Sept. 11 – Thursday, Sept. 14, Barcelona, Spain: VMworld 2017 Europe – learn more about how Ivanti can help to secure your data centers and maximize the value of your VMware investments.
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, online: Breaking Down Gartner's Magic Quadrant for ITSM Tools – Ivanti experts help you understand Gartner's analysis of ITSM vendors and discuss current trends and future developments. (Register and get a download of Gartner's report, compliments of Ivanti.)
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, Rochester, NY and Atlanta, GA: Ivanti Connect – network with your peers and Ivanti experts, and see the “latest and greatest” Ivanti product updates.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, Phoenix, AZ: Arizona Technology Summit – check out Ivanti’s latest offerings and connect with your industry colleagues.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, online: September Patch Tuesday Webinar – the latest Microsoft and third-party patches released on Patch Tuesday, and how best to deal with them.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, online: Managing Security Incidents in Service Management – learn how to prepare for and respond to security incidents with your service management system.
- Thursday, Sept. 14, Paris, France: CRIP Conference: ITIL and Service Management – explore Ivanti solutions and hear how users are employing ITIL and modern service management to guarantee quality of service while seeking to achieve “continuous everything.”
- Thursday, Sept. 14, New York, NY and San Jose, CA: Ivanti Connect – network with your peers and Ivanti experts, and see the “latest and greatest” Ivanti product updates.
- Thursday, Sept. 14, Edison, NJ: Ivanti Partner Days – meet Ivanti team members, explore Ivanti Velocity, eat, drink, and even get some pro pointers on your golf swing.
- Friday, Sept. 15, New York, NY: Cyber Security Summit – learn from Ivanti principals and renown security experts, and connect with senior and C-suite executives.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for updates.