The ICYMI Weekly Round-Up: September 18–22, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: VOTE FOR PHIL!
It’s a short blog post, so here it is in its entirety.
“Our CISO Phil Richards is a finalist for Computing Security’s Contribution to Cyber Security Award! Please vote for him in the following category (four from the bottom):
“Voting closes on October 5, 2017, and the awards night is October 12, 2017 at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel in London.”
That’s it. You know what to do. Thanks in advance – and please tell all your colleagues!
Blog Posts of the Week
- Three Components Required for a Complete IT Asset Management Solution (Part 2 of 4): Discovery – the latest installment of the gripping mini-series on complete ITAM from Ivanti Sales Engineer and widely read blogger Marcel Shaw. (ICYMI, here’s a link to Part 1.)
- A K-12 Education Case Study in Unified Endpoint Management – some cogent thoughts (and links to more) on how Ivanti helps to bring UEM to the classroom, from the always-thoughtful Ivanti Marketing Specialist Brent Bluth.
- Vote for Phil Richards for Computing Security’s Contribution to Cyber Security Award – as discussed above.
- 10 Reasons We’re Hosting an Interchange in Madrid – why we’re holding our first multi-day Interchange event outside the U.S. in Spain’s historic capital.
- 30 Years at Ivanti: Engineer Reflects on Changes in IT – some fascinating thoughts and memories from long-time Ivanti veteran and Principal Systems Architect Dave Edgar.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for September 21, 2017: Malware Masquerade – malware hidden in PC cleaner software, hackers dish about cybersecurity, and more.
- Collaborative, Forward-Thinking, and Friendly: How Employee of 20 Years Describes Ivanti – more Ivanti reminiscences and impressions, from Senior Software Engineer and 20-year veteran Steve Quirk.
Coming Up This Week
- Monday, Sept. 25 – Friday, Sept. 29, Orlando, FL: Microsoft Ignite – network with your peers and check out Ivanti’s latest cybersecurity and user workspace management solutions in booth #801 at this premier industry gathering.
- Wednesday, Sept. 27 – Thursday, Sept. 28, St. Petersburg, FL: ITAM Review Conference – connect with your peers and ITAM experts, and hear Ivanti ITAM Evangelist Patricia Adams.
- Wednesday, Sept. 27 – Friday, Sept. 29, Tokyo, Japan: Security Days Tokyo Fall 2017 – join Ivanti Japan, Ivanti partner SCSK, and other IT and cybersecurity experts and practitioners.
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, London, UK: Citrix User Group – UK – join the UK Citrix User Group for informative sessions and spirited discussion at its 22nd event.
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, London, UK: Build Secure Digital Workspaces – lunch, drinks, a spectacular venue, and networking and knowledge sharing with your peers and experts from Ivanti and elsewhere.
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, online: What's New in Ivanti Service Manager 2017.3 – up-to-the-minute knowledge about the latest Ivanti Service Manager release, in a lively and informative webinar.
- Thursday, Sept. 28, Amsterdam, Netherlands: Insight Techshow Connected 2017 – sessions and exhibits focused on this year’s theme, “Connected Through the Cloud.”
- Thursday, Sept. 28, online: Automate Deployment, Software Distribution, and Patch Using Rollout Projects – how the Ivanti Rollout Projects tool can ease and speed patch management and software distribution.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for updates.