The ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Weekly Round-Up: July 10–14, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
July Patch Tuesday: A Time to Strengthen Your Defenses
July saw 17 new bulletins from Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, and other leading enterprise software vendors. Of these, 11 were critical, and 13 were user-targeted. Overall, a relatively calm month, but as our Patch Tuesday team wisely advises, “Don't get too comfortable, though. If history is any indication, we're in the eye of the cyber threat storm. So, use the downtime wisely: fewer updates today mean you can really focus on the public disclosures to get your house in order before the winds start picking up.” So read the July Patch Tuesday blog post, check out the on-demand webinar, review the presentation and infographic, and take full advantage of the calm before the next storm.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Spotting Stealth Cloud in Your Organization – timely advice on how to identify and rein in “stealth” deployments of cloud-based resources such as online storage and personal email accounts.
- Q&A With VP Jon Rolls: Ivanti Is on a Roll With User Workspace Management – another insightful, entertaining expert interview, this one with Ivanti product management VP Jon Rolls.
- A New Report Confirms It: The Role of ITSM Is Expanding – an interesting look at how ITSM is evolving and growing in importance at many enterprises, based on new research from Enterprise Management Associates® (EMA™).
- July Patch Tuesday 2017 – a summary of this month’s major software patches and updates, from Ivanti security product manager Chris Goettl.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for July 13, 2017: Android Under Attack – details of two different malware threats to Android devices, plus additional cybersecurity news.
- RES Acquisition FAQ With Jon Rolls – answers to some of the top questions from customers and partners about our recently announced acquisition of RES Software. (A follow-up to the July 13 webinar on the same subject, now available on demand.)
- IT Service Management as Adopters?The EMA Report – more insights from the new EMA report, this time focused on ITSM leaders and teams, the new technologies they adopt, and why.
Coming Up This Week
- Thursday, July 20: 5 Things That Will Transform IT Service Management – a webinar that will look at five factors driving significant transformation of ITSM and IT. Featured speakers: published author and Ivanti senior vice president Kevin J. Smith, and senior product marketing manager David Martinez.
You’ll also have several opportunities to interact with Ivanti team members in person around the world this week. On July 17, we’ll be at the West Virginia State Technology Conference 2017. On July 18, we’ll be at the Indianapolis VMware User Group (VMUG) seminar, and hosting the Sydney, Australia edition of our Interchange Global Tour. On July 19, Ivanti will be exhibiting at the SDI Software Showcase in Manchester, UK, and at the ITSM Summit in Houston, TX. And on July 20, Ivanti will be at the Healthcare Cybersecurity Conference in Salford, UK, and hosting Interchange in Melbourne, Australia. Looking forward to seeing you at one or more of these events!