The ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Weekly Round-Up: August 7–11, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: No Known Exploits (So Far, Anyway)!
Wow. This month’s Patch Tuesday infographic say it all: “August Patch Tuesday continues the trend of providing some time to get your house in order.” That’s because there were 13 critical updates, but as Chris Goettl points out in his August Patch Tuesday blog post, “only two public disclosures and no known exploited.” Check out the post, then log into the on-demand webinar for specific guidance to help you set your priorities and address the most important issues at your enterprise. Then, start preparing for next month.
In Other News: Ivanti’s STEM Outreach Program Closing Event!
On Friday, August 11, Ivanti employees hosted a number of youth from the local Midvale Boys and Girls Club at the closing event for the summer session of the Ivanti STEM Outreach Program. That program encourages youth interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics studies and careers. A great time was had by all, and two lucky students were awarded Chromebook laptops. Read more in the great blog post by our STEM outreach coordinator, Bruce Cutler.
Blog Posts of the Week
- August Patch Tuesday 2017 – as mentioned above.
- User Workspace Manager Feature Release 2 Highlights – details of the new features of Ivanti User Workspace Manager 10.1 Feature Release 2 (FR2), formerly known as AppSense DesktopNow Plus.
- What Defines a True, Digital Workspace? – thought-provoking answers to a timely, topical question, inspired by recent research by Enterprise Management Associates® (EMA™).
- Unified Endpoint Management Solves Security Issues – thoughts on how UEM can enhance your enterprise’s cybersecurity, including findings from that EMA research.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for August 10, 2017: What You Can’t See and Don’t Know Will Hurt You – disturbing survey findings about network (in)visibility, plus new cybersecurity training developments.
- The Challenge of Productivity – what an EMA survey found out about the challenges of supporting multiple devices and operating environments.
- Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) and IT Asset Management (ITAM): Critical Connections – the links between managing your endpoints and your IT assets.
- Boys and Girls Club Closing Event – as mentioned above.
Coming Up This Week
- Tuesday, August 15: Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance Setup and Configuration – what you need to know to get the most value from your Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance.
- Wednesday, August 16: Steps to Cut your Software Spend by 30 Percent – things you can do right now to reduce the costs and increase the value of your enterprise’s software investments.
- Wednesday, August 16: Complex Database Licensing – Or NOT – Ivanti Systems Engineer Ross Carins explains how to demystify your database licensing challenges with Ivanti License Optimizer.
You also have opportunities to interact with Ivanti in person and real time this week. If you’re attending Citrix ServTech August 15-17 in Austin, or our ITSM Summit August 17 in Atlanta, we look forward to seeing you!