The ICYMI Weekly Round-Up: August 28–September 1, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: Ivanti (Sort-of) Goes to (and Gives Back In) Kenya!
Hot on the heels – or wheels – of the great bike-building, team-building give-away conducted by our teammates in Daresbury, UK comes Ivanti extended family member Josh Swindells. Son of Ivanti Product Manager Andrew Swindells, Josh recently went to Kenya for two weeks. Why? “I felt it was important for me to give something back, while also helping others who are less fortunate than we are in this country.”
Josh spent his time in Kenya helping to make repairs and improvements in three schools. And he was impressed and moved by the enthusiasm of the students, despite a lack of electricity and other resources.
Read more about what Josh did, what he learned, and the culture of giving back at Ivanti in the excellent blog post by our social media doyenne, Ashtyn Creel. Then, learn more about Ivanti’s community involvement efforts – and maybe start some in your own community!
Blog Posts of the Week
- Cybersecurity Education in Action: A Real-Life Adventure – how user education can improve both corporate and personal cybersecurity.
- IT Security & Service Management: The Intersection of Safe and Supported – Ivanti ITSM Evangelist Matt Hooper on the power of unifying cybersecurity and ITSM.
- 5 Questions About Ivanti and Citrix – Ivanti experts discuss how we help customers get more value from their Citrix investments.
- Ivanti T-Shirts Spotted In Kenya: One Son’s Service Project – as discussed above.
- Unity in Diversity: Managing Windows, macOS, and iOS in the Classroom – how Ivanti helps teachers and technology administrators tame device diversity in schools.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for August 31, 2017: Mo’ Surveys, Mo’ Problems… – new surveys highlight growing cybersecurity challenges and some troubling responses to them.
- Product Newsletter Blog for August 2017 – the latest, greatest updates to Ivanti Service Manager and Ivanti Environment Manager.
- Apple and Ivanti: Easing iPad Classroom Deployments – how Ivanti helps educators to deploy and manage iPads more easily and effectively.
Coming Up This Week
- Wednesday, Sept. 6, online: Winning with Analytics – join Ivanti customer Aviall to learn how Ivanti helped them solve their reporting visibility challenges and go from manual reports to automated daily dashboards.
- Thursday, Sept. 7, Boston, MA: Ivanti Connect – interact with your peers and Ivanti experts, and learn more about our solutions and RES Software, the latest member of the Ivanti family.
- Thursday, Sept. 7, Seattle, WA: Greater Seattle HDI Chapter Summer Social – network, socialize, and learn from and with your peers at this complimentary event.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for updates.