Product Newsletter Blog for November 2018
Product updates and releases covered in this newsletter:
- Application Control 2018.3
- Security Controls 2018.3
IT Asset Management
- Asset Manager Cloud
- License Optimizer 2018.8/.9
Reporting and Analytics
- Xtraction 2018.4
Unified Endpoint Management
- User Workspace Manager 2018.3
Application Control 2018.3 is available now
We reviewed the ideas you submitted on the Community website. Check out what we’ve done with those!
In this release the new features and enhancements include the following:
- Self-authorization usability improvements — As part of our efforts to make self-authorizing mode a great way to transition from audit to restricted mode, once the initial application .exe is self-authorized, any subsequent child .dlls are now automatically authorized as well. Users no longer need to click multiple times or potentially restart the application and go through the process again to access the app.
- The option to silently block executables — If you intentionally block executables like application and driver updaters because you don’t want them making untested updates on the fly, our new “Silent deny” option helps prevent user confusion and support calls. This feature prevents the access denied message box from displaying when that blocked executable is denied.
- The ability to disable, rather than remove, a configuration rule — We’ve added a right-click option to disable a rule, which should prove very useful for troubleshooting. Until now you’ve needed to remove the rule to determine whether it’s the source of the problem, and then once it’s ruled out, add it back in and make sure to configure it as before.
- Per-item auditing — You can now enable logging for 9001 and other events by individual rule. If an event ID (e.g., 9001) is selected on the Auditing dialog, this event will be raised for this rule regardless of the event filtering settings.
- A new Network Port variable in the AC message box — You can now know which port rule was flagged without digging into logs, for easier troubleshooting.
- Extended BitLocker support — The Privilege Management feature set lets you enable BitLocker; and as of this release you can also suspend or disable it within Application Control to install or update applications, as well as resume or re-enable it afterward.
Please continue to submit your ideas or vote on the ideas of others so we get a better understanding of the improvements you’d like to see. And, for more information on these updates, please refer to the release notes.
Security Controls 2018.3 early access debuts in December
We’re releasing the first version of our new security platform, which brings together best-in-breed security features from across our portfolio!
Ivanti Security Controls 2018.3 combines the full Ivanti Patch for Windows 9.3 feature set with the privilege management, application control, and browser control features of Ivanti Application Control and some great new patch management features:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux patch support, the first in a series of non-Windows operating systems we’ll be adding over the next year
- Patch REST APIs to integrate and automate with other products and provide remote access and control of the console
- CVE-to-patch identification, which lets our customers convert a list of CVEs to a list of patches easily, a huge time-saver replacing today’s manual process
Let’s take a quick look under the hood at that CVE-to-patch feature. As you may recall from our Ivanti Patch for SCCM update in the newsletter last month, we can take a vulnerability assessment from whatever vendor you’re using—Rapid 7, Tenable, Qualys, BeyondTrust, and so on—find all of the patches that relate to those CVEs, and build a patch group of updates that you can quickly approve for remediation in your environment.
Ivanti Patch for Windows customers can request early access to this new offering and learn more here.
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT
NEW Ivanti Asset Manager Cloud Solution
Optimize use and performance of IT assets and contracts from purchase to disposal
Say goodbye to spreadsheets for good. Start optimizing the use and performance of your assets and contracts with Ivanti Asset Manager Cloud. The enterprise-grade hardware asset management solution provides a comprehensive view of IT assets at any stage within their lifecycle, while also tracking lease, warranty and financial data to ensure assets are optimized and secured.
Ivanti License Optimizer further improves ease of use, efficiency, and accuracy
Enhanced license matching, filter improvements, and bulk business unit deletion
New versions of License Optimizer continue the path to improved ease of use, efficiency, and enhanced accuracy. 2018.8 and 2018.9 further enhance license matching capabilities, improve filters on the software, hardware, and license matching pages, and makes deleting business units in bulk easier. New capabilities of License Optimizer include:
License Matching: A new column, ‘Quality”, has been added to the data grid on the License Matching page. This column indicates the quality of the potential match that License Optimizer has made for an unmatched license. You can filter the list based on the values in this column, so that you can focus your teaching on those items that have been more confidently identified.
Improvements to Software page filters: Filters towards the top of the page (labeled “Business Units”, “Vendors/Products”, “Licenses”, and “Categories”) enable you to specify which software items you want to display initially. When you have set one or more of these filters, the corresponding data grid appears. This data grid has another set of filters above each column that enable you to filter the displayed list. Your selections in both sets of these filters now remain until you change them or log out. Previously, the filters were reset each time the page loaded.
Improvements to Hardware and License Matching pages: When you apply filters to the Hardware page or License Matching page, the filters now remain until you change them or log out. Previously, the filters were reset each time the page loaded.
Deleting Business Units: From the Business Units page, you can now delete up to 200 Business Units at a time (including entire branches) by selecting the check boxes alongside the Business Units you no longer require and then clicking “Deleted selected”. Click “Delete All” at the top of the page to delete all of the Business Units in your system.
REPORTING & ANALYTICS
Xtraction 2018.4 Ready to Go
Xtraction 2018.4 focuses on an array of fixes, many of which were customer requested. These include:
- Session timeout working effectively, logging staff out to better manage license seats
- Ability to update Session status time from the default setting, to log staff out in the right time frame
- Ability to Save the Auto Refresh & Cycle as favorites, rather than resetting each time.
- Several Pivot issues have been addressed, including the customer reported issue of exporting of “total column”
- Significant updates to the report feature such as the ability to export a report with a template
- Browser issues fixed for IE and Edge such as addressing unwanted scrollbars
For the complete list, head over to our Community site.
UNIFIED ENDPOINT MANAGEMENT
User Workspace Manager 2018.3 is available for download now
To find out why you should be upgrading to this version check out the Benefits of Upgrading Guide.
Environment Manager 2018.3
With the release of Environment Manager 2018.3, Cache Roaming now supports OneDrive for roaming Office 365 storage in non-persistent environments! To find out more click here.
You can also trigger an Ivanti Automation task to make a change in AD using an Automation Connector. To find out how click here.