November 2010 Patch Tuesday Preview
Microsoft released their advanced notification today for the November version of patch Tuesday. They are planning on releasing 3 bulletins addressing 11 vulnerabilities.
Security Bulletin Breakdown
- 1 Bulletin is rated Critical
- 2 Bulletins are rated Important
- 2 Vulnerabilities can lead to Remote Code Execution
- 1 Vulnerability can lead to Elevation of Privilege
- Microsoft Office XP, 2003, 2007, 2010
- PowerPoint XP, 2003
- PowerPoint Viewer
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
This is a nice change of pace for a patch Tuesday. The past 3 patch Tuesdays have all been large (August - 14, September - 9, October - 16). With the lighter patch Tuesday, you should have extra time to ensure you have updated your Adobe Flash with the security bulletin releasing today as well as reviewing the new Microsoft Security Advisory 2458511 for Internet Explorer.
- Jason Miller