New Year, New ITAM Solution
It’s a fact. As the first month, January rocks. It’s the beginning of a new year, Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday is celebrated, and its second week is Letter Writing Week (get out your stationery folks). Some other wacky, albeit celebratory “holidays” in January:
- Bubble Bath Day, January 8th – new year, clean start
- Dress Up Your Pet Day, January 14th
- Ditch New Year’s Resolutions Day, January 17th
- National Kazoo Day, January 28th – also known as National Annoy Your Coworkers Day
Celebrate IT Asset Management in the New Year
Since we’re an IT organization dedicated to giving our customers the best, why not celebrate one more thing this January? IT Asset Management.
IT Asset Management (ITAM) is a set of business practices that enable you to manage your hardware and software technology assets, helping you gain the most from your IT investments. What if you could create a nice, tidy “box” of all your IT assets—and ditch the surplus software and hardware that’s weighing you down?
I think plenty of organizations would jump at the chance. Here’s why:
- Spreadsheets: at least 25 percent of organizations still track with spreadsheets
- Incomplete records: 66 percent of IT managers have incomplete asset records
- “Ghost” assets: 30 percent of IT fixed assets missing or can’t be found
- Data accuracy: Organizations spend 10+ hours per week resolving issues
- Over-paying: 76.4 percent of organizations admit to over-licensing in fear of audits
- Hardware failure : 53 percent of all data loss and systems downtime is caused by hardware failure
Ivanti ITAM: Go Beyond Spreadsheets and Basic Inventory and Asset Tracking
- Gain visibility—Discover what IT assets you have, where they are, how they’re used, get a full compliance report, and even model out future asset projects for cost optimization.
- Optimize software and reclaim unused licenses—Make sure you are optimizing your license position and finally quitting the bad habit of overpaying for software. That way you only pay for what you are actually using and can further optimize your software spending by reclaiming unused licenses.
- Optimize asset lifecycles—Manage your hardware and contracts proactively and make informed decisions when to purchase, update, and maintain hardware and renegotiate contracts to make the most of your investments.
- Automate with Unified IT—Use asset data insights for better service delivery, security and endpoint management. Use Unified IT for instance to fully automate your software requests.
Software license audits are lawful
but who says they gotta be awful?
With Ivanti ITAM
your sole audit jam
is the one on your Belgian waffle.