The ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Weekly Round-Up: July 24–28, 2017
Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: ITSM as a Business Enabler
As you may have read in any of several recent Ivanti blog posts, recent research from respected analysts Enterprise Management Associates® (EMA™) highlights the continuing evolution and growth of ITSM. A survey conducted by Ivanti at the recent Service Desk & IT Support Show (SITS) in London confirms and expands upon the findings by EMA.
As announced this week, 72 percent of the Ivanti survey respondents cited “improving the end user experience” as one of their top three strategic management priorities. Those respondents also cited “advanced levels of workflow automation”, “analytics for incident/problem and availability management” and “analytics for user experience and visibility into end-user problems” as top priorities for 2017.
Read more results from the Ivanti survey in our news release. And if you haven’t already, read the EMA report on “next-generation ITSM.” Compare and contrast the findings in both with your own organization. Then, contact Ivanti, and let us help you modernize ITSM and unify IT at your enterprise.
More News: Our Windows 10 “Great Debate” and Turning IT Data into Business Insights
Also this week, Ivanti hosted two great webinars. “Windows 10 Updates - The Great Debate” featured Ivanti Principal Product Manager Rex McMillan, who argued for aggressive adoption of Windows 10, and Director of Product Management Alan Braithwaite, who urged a more cautious approach. Each made cogent, passionate arguments, and both agreed that Windows 10 is a likely inevitability for most enterprises. Enjoy the webinar on demand, and get some tips for easing Windows 10 adoption at your enterprise.
“Maximize your IT Data: How to Save Time and Money” featured Ivanti Product Management Manager Jeremy Carter, Senior Product Marketing Manager Melanie Karunaratne, and Solutions Expert Gregg Smith. The panel provided great advice on how to tame the proliferation of IT data. If you want to transform data into valuable business actions and insights, check out this webinar on demand.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Migration for Modernization: Moving Enterprise Applications to the Cloud – the questions to ask and the metrics that matter most before, during, and after migration.
- Is GDPR More About PR Than Data Protection? Ivanti Chief Technologist EMEA Simon Townsend Responds – an insightful Q&A about the coming General Data Protection Regulation, and how best to prepare for it.
- Product Newsletter Blog for July 2017 – the latest updates of several Ivanti offerings, including Ivanti Asset Manager, Ivanti Service Manager, and Ivanti Device Control.
- The Power of Unified IT™: IT. Together. Strong. – why modern IT is unified IT, and some steps to take to get there.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for July 27, 2017: Surveys Say… -- findings and guidance from several recent surveys, plus cybersecurity boot camps.
Coming Up This Week
- Wednesday, August 2: Tackling Office 365 Deployment Challenges – a webinar that will help you to maximize the value and minimize the disruption and confusion of Office 365 at your enterprise. Featured speakers: Ivanti Product Managers Neil Barnett and Paul Whalley.
You can also connect with Ivanti in person and real time this week. Ivanti will be hosting “Steak and Learn events focused on endpoint security in El Segundo, CA on August 1 and Newport Beach, CA on August 2. And Ivanti Security Specialist John Krug will discuss “Defense in-depth” at the Tech Security Strategies Conference hosted by Data Connectors, in Indianapolis on August 3 and Washington, DC on August 10. Come spend time with us. We’ll do our best to make it worth your while.