AppSense DesktopNow and VMware Horizon 6: Better Together
*This blog post was published prior to the rebrand in January 2017, when AppSense, LANDESK, Shavlik, Wavelink, and HEAT Software merged under the new name Ivanti.
AppSense is delighted to partner with VMware on this week's release of RDSH support for hosted applications with Horizon 6. Our long relationship, including founder membership in VMware Technology Alliance Partnership, and VMworld 2009 gold award for best desktop virtualization, is built on delivering exceptional value to VMware customers. When used in conjunction with VMware Horizon, the AppSense DesktopNow suite delivers:
- Seamless, personalized roaming between physical desktops, virtual desktops, hosted applications (Terminal Server/RDSH) and DaaS
- Secure, contextual, policy-defined lockdown of the user environment
- Control of users’ admin rights, thru Windows privilege management
- Significantly faster logons enhancing user productivity
- A complete alternative to roaming profiles, reducing complexity and corruption
- Granular control of application performance to deliver an optimized experience for all user types
- Increased user density per server, reducing project CapEx
- Templates for key application support requirements such as dynamic printer mapping and network connections, easing project deployment and user acceptance
Together with our many joint customers and partners, we welcome the imminent release of RDSH support with VMware Horizon 6. AppSense DesktopNow and VMware Horizon 6 now offer support for a fully personalized experience, including seamless roaming, across ALL the main delivery mechanisms for applications and the desktop:
- Mirage for image management for physical desktops
- Workspace for web application access & management
- ThinApp for Windows application virtualization
- Horizon View for VDI (hosted desktops) and RDSH (hosted applications)
AppSense ensures that, irrespective of the delivery mechanism, the end user experience is consistent, fast and meets expectations.
We look forward to seeing our partnership reach new levels in 2014!
Jon Rolls, VP of Product Management
More on VMware and AppSense:
- AppSense Technology Partner, VMWare
- AppSense Wins Best Desktop Software...
- User Virtualization and VMware
- Environment Manager integrates with VMware ThinApp 5.0
- Horizon View