Ivanti, the company that unifies IT to better manage and secure the digital workplace, today announced Ivanti Security Controls. Offering comprehensive patch management for operating systems and third-party applications on physical and virtual servers and desktops, the new solution also enables dynamic whitelisting and granular privilege management from a single management console. Ivanti Security Controls will be demonstrated during RSA Conference 2019, March 4 – 8, in booth #1143.
“Managing the security of today’s sprawling device estates is exceptionally time consuming,” said Chris Goettl, Director of Product Management, Security, Ivanti. “Our new Ivanti Security Controls platform simplifies security processes through a unified solution that will target the biggest attack vectors threatening today’s enterprises. By helping to discover the authorized and unauthorized software in an environment, and protecting and defending against it, this comprehensive new product combines critical components today’s organizations need to minimize their security risk exposure while helping security and operations teams better collaborate for more rapid remediation.”
Ivanti Security Controls is a single, automated patching solution that spans physical and virtual Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers as well as workstations. It discovers online and offline workstations and servers, scans for missing patches and deploys them where needed. The agentless technology for Windows systems minimizes the impact on system workloads while optional agent policies can also be applied for greater flexibility and patch accuracy. Key features of Ivanti Security Controls include:
- Heterogeneous environment patching. Support includes OS patching for Windows servers and workstations, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, and virtual machines, including the VMware ESXi hypervisor. Third-party applications that are targeted most by hackers are also supported, including Adobe Acrobat Flash and Reader, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Oracle Java.
- Dynamic whitelisting. Using trust models in place of lists, controlled and authorized access to applications, services and components is enabled without extensive list management or constraining users.
- User-centric privilege management. Administrative rights are controlled without limiting user productivity. Using flexible policy controls, IT can enforce user permissions lockdown while still enabling users to escalate or add additional permissions if needed. By enabling access to only the services users need, environments are significantly more secure.
- CVE to patch list creation. Closing the gap between security and IT operations teams, Ivanti Security Controls supports third-party vulnerability assessments, regardless of vendor, and identifies the patches that relate to the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs). A patch group of updates is quickly generated to align with a specific vulnerability assessment and can be rapidly approved for remediation.
- Integration enabled. Using patch REST APIs, Ivanti Security Controls can be integrated with other products to benefit from automated shared processes as well as remote access and control through the unified console.
“The window between when a vulnerability is disclosed and then exploited by bad actors is increasingly short, which creates a real challenge for security and operations teams tasked with ensuring that heterogeneous infrastructure is securely configured and patched,” said Christopher Duvall, Senior Director, The Chertoff Group. “We need solutions that enable teams to manage infrastructure within timelines that reflect actual threat tradecraft.” Ivanti Security Controls does just that, simplifying the historically complex processes of patching, whitelisting and privilege management with a comprehensive solution that also helps organizations go from CVE to patch remediation in hours and minutes, rather than days or weeks.
Ivanti Security Controls will also be showcased during Ivanti Interchange 2019 to be held March 11-14 in Madrid and April 29-May 2 in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit: https://interchange.ivanti.com/.
Ivanti: The Power of Unified IT.
Ivanti unifies IT and Security Operations to better manage and secure the digital workplace. From PCs to mobile devices, VDI, and the data center, Ivanti discovers IT assets on-premises and in the cloud, improves IT service delivery, and reduces risk with insights and automation. The company also helps organizations leverage modern technology in the warehouse and across the supply chain to improve delivery without modifying backend systems. Ivanti is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and has offices all over the world. For more information, visit www.ivanti.com and follow @GoIvanti.