Product Newsletter Blog for May 2020
Product updates and releases covered in this newsletter:
Ivanti Advantage Learning
Ivanti Advantage Learning, formerly known as Global Academy, is moving forward with exciting changes:
- Releasing a new website/LMS for a much-improved user-experience (July)
- Enhancements for new and existing training content
- Additional training offerings
Take advantage of these new and exciting promotions to help you get the value you need from Ivanti’s products:
- All Advantage Learning subscriptions booked during Q2 will receive 25% off discount. Get with your Ivanti sales rep to take advantage of this limited-time promotion!
- Customer Workshops: Quick Value for Challenging Times - details can be found at the Ivanti Advantage Learning Store (search word “workshop”).
Momentum offers technical webinars to help customers overcome business challenges covering best practices, new feature releases, tips & tricks, how-to's, troubleshooting common technical issues, and much more to help customers make the most of Ivanti solutions. Visit the Momentum website to see upcoming events and access past recordings!
IT Asset Management
Asset Manager 2020.2: Get a preview of what’s coming!
Ivanti Asset Manager is designed to manage software and hardware assets throughout their entire lifecycle – from purchase through allocation, usage, and eventually disposal. It keeps tabs on contracts while tracking lease, warranty, and financial information to ensure assets are optimized and secured. The new version is planned to be available in July. Get a preview of what will be available in the new version on our What’s New Webinar. Some of the topics we will cover for the upcoming 2020.2 release include: CMDB population from Ivanti Cloud, enhanced asset import capabilities, new configuration and mapping options, along with sustainment and security improvements.
IT Service Management
Service Manager 2020.2 release coming soon
We’re excited by the coming Service Manager 2020.2 release for cloud deployments, scheduled to be available in July. This new release delivers automatic pre-population of Service Manager’s CMDB from the Ivanti Cloud for more complete insight on your Configuration Items. Look for new pre-packaged content and workflows to automate more process and workflows for the Facilities department. And your end users will like the new self-service chat option and your analysts will want to learn more about the new capabilities in the Mobile app, including additional authentication options, so they can be more productive while on the go.
Learn more about the release by registering for the What’s New Webinar for Service Manager and Asset Manager. Stay on top of the Serviced Manager 2020.2 release dates and other updates by checking the Ivanti Community. When available, you’ll be able to download the 2020.2 release for on premises deployment from the Community here.
Find more Service Manager documentation in the Product Documentation section of the Ivanti website.
Unified Endpoint Management
NEW MDM Updates for macOS in UEM 2020.1
With the recent release of Ivanti Unified Endpoint Manager 2020.1, Ivanti continues to aggressively provide the endpoint management features, functionality, and security solutions for the enterprise environment.
New MDM capabilities in the release further strengthen the management of Apple macOS devices—in-office or remote, on or off network, across the IT estate—in the following areas:
- Inventory Scanner reconfiguration of Boot Volumes “Volume Group” in Catalina and exclude network volumes that “don’t make sense” to scan.
- Provisioning now supports new installer zip-up requirements by the macOS Installer App.
- Remote Control agent installer will now assist users in approving Remote Control in macOS and can no longer pre-approve remote control (even with MDM).
- CSEP Update now includes support for new CSEP libraries from Tesla and includes Agent State for new SWIM Implementation.
- Software Distribution support for cloud-hosted software packages sharing the same core UX as for Windows.
- Factory Reset for macOS Devices with new MDM Command from Right-Click menu.
To learn more about Ivanti solutions in managing Apple and macOS devices click here.