Many companies can’t say that they have an employee who is a published author, let alone a former rocket scientist. We can.
His name is Kevin J. Smith and his book is available on Amazon: The Practical Guide To World-Class IT Service Management.
As for the part about him being a rocket scientist, you’ll have to listen to the podcast to hear what that’s all about.
Fast facts about Kevin J. Smith:
- His official title is Senior VP of Strategic Initiatives. This means (in his own words) that he works on whatever sounds really cool and runs away from everything else.
- His favorite movie is Forrest Gump.
- Sports played in high school: basketball and baseball.
- Favorite song is Brandy by The Looking Glass.
- Favorite TV show growing up was M*A*S*H. In college, he had it timed with his roommates that if they got home from class and ate dinner in six minutes, they could watch three episodes in a row.
- He did not like math or chemistry but went to school for chemical engineering.
- Worked for NASA in a department called Environmental Control and Life Support System, which ensures astronauts have plenty of water and air to breathe.
- Went to work for Manugistics.
- Worked for a Colorado software company called Front Range 15 years ago.
- Worked for HEAT Software.
Here are some of the questions Kevin answers in this episode:
- What made you move from NASA to the private sector?
- How did you become one of the industry’s top ITSM experts?
- How many clients do you visit a month or a quarter?
- What are some common problems that you see with your clients?
And much more!