October Patch Tuesday Advanced Notifications
Patch Tuesday October is nearly upon us! The theme this month... Remote Code Execution! 4 critical's, 4 important's, and 7 of 8 are Remote Code Execution exploits. There is a IE patch that covers every OS and version of IE, but no word yet if it covers the Zero Day exploit that is currently being exploited in the wild. Here is the breakdown:
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- Four bulletins are rated as Critical.
- Four bulletins are rated as Important.
- Seven bulletins address vulnerabilities that could lead to Remote Code Execution.
- One bulletins address a vulnerability that could lead to Information Disclosure.
- All Internet Explorer versions
- All supported Windows operating systems
- All versions of Office
- SharePoint Server 2007 SP3 (32- and 64-bit), 2010 SP1 & SP2, 2013
- Office Web apps 2010 SP1 and SP2
- Microsoft Silverlight 5
I will review the Microsoft releases for the October Patch Tuesday in our next monthly patch Tuesday webcast which is scheduled for Wednesday, October 9th at 11 a.m. CDT. I will also discuss other non-Microsoft releases that have occurred since the September Patch Tuesday. You can register for the Patch Tuesday webcast here.