June Patch Tuesday Round-Up
We are at Patch Tuesday + 8 days and many of you are probably well in to your third round of patching machines or farther along. Here is a recap of Patch Tuesday highlights and some things to watch out for:
- Two Critical updates - MS15-056 and MS15-057
- Two public disclosures - MS15-056 (CVE-2015-1765) and MS15-060 (CVE-2015-1756). Public disclosure increases the risk of exploit significantly so MS15-060 should be a higher priority along with the two critical updates from this month.
- Exploit detected - MS15-061 has been seen used in a targeted attack. Even though this is rated as important it should be a higher priority to roll-out. This update plugs a vulnerability used by Duqu 2.0 as discussed by Kaspersky.
- MS15-061 in combination with certain software can cause Copy\Paste to stop working - In reports on Reddit and PatchManagement.org this can occur if Spector 360 is installed on systems where this occurred. Still recommended to roll-out as a priority.
- Adobe Flash update resolves 13 vulnerabilities - Priority 1 update, should be pushed ASAP along with Chrome release.
- Google Chrome - Released update with support for Adobe Flash update. This update inherits the Priority 1 from Adobe Flash and should also be pushed ASAP.
Check out our webinars page to sign up for upcoming webinars including our next three Patch Tuesday webinars.