July Patch Tuesday Advanced Notification
Microsoft has announced this month’s Patch Tuesday release. It looks pretty clean at first glance. IE with a lot of OS patches and likely nothing all that complex. The one thing to watch for will be the possibilities of more dependencies. For those running Windows 8.1 or Server 2012 R2, make sure you are prioritizing Update 1 to be rolled out. Next month is the cut off after Microsoft extended the Update 1 required for continued patch support on those platforms. There are 6 total patches expected to be released on Tuesday, July 8th. Here is the breakdown for this month:
- 2 bulletins are rated as Critical.
- 3 bulletins are rated as Important.
- 1 bulletin is rated as Moderate.
- 2 bulletins address vulnerabilities that could allow Remote Code Execution.
- 3 bulletins address vulnerabilities that could allow Elevation of Privileges.
- 1 bulletin addresses a vulnerability that could lead to Denial of Service.
- All supported Windows operating systems
- All supported Internet Explorer versions
Join us as we review the Microsoft and third-party releases for June Patch Tuesday in our next monthly Patch Tuesday webcast, which is scheduled for Wednesday, July 9th at 11 a.m. CDT. We will also discuss other product and patch releases since the May Patch Tuesday.
You can register for the Patch Tuesday webinar here.