Join the AppSense Ransomware Defense Team at Citrix Synergy Booth #515G, Las Vegas
*This post originally appeared on the AppSense blog prior to the rebrand in January 2017, when AppSense, LANDESK, Shavlik, Wavelink, and HEAT Software merged under the new name Ivanti.
At Citrix Synergy today we are launching the AppSense Endpoint Security Suite, a powerful combination of new features designed to defend against Ransomware and Malware, as well as support Windows 10 migration and enable a deeper view into user activity at the endpoint.
The new Endpoint Security Suite combines our Application Manager and AppSense Insight products to help IT fine tune policy controls, identify security risks and obtain more granular detail on user trends and desktop performance.
No doubt, the conversations in your IT department these days often center on security, and the escalating threat of Ransomware and Malware. Security at the endpoint level is now getting more attention as a means of prevention against Ransomware and Malware attacks. At AppSense we hear the concerns of IT as they look for the best means of improving security at all risk points in the enterprise. To that purpose we have developed new features you will see evident in our new endpoint security solution.
Enabled by the AppSense Endpoint Security Suite, IT can now:
- Rapidly implement a whitelist policy block Ransomware, using our Trusted Ownership™ technique.
- Control risks associated with Windows 10 migration, with granular control over application whitelisting. For example, allowing the new Start menu and other system components to run, but at the same time controlling and blocking unapproved Universal and Win32 applications.
- Govern access to the Windows Store.
- Block the Windows 10 Edge browser, to restrict the use of unapproved applications and uncontrolled browser activity.
- Discover user activity and behavior using a lightweight agent that requires no reboots or drivers, and can be deployed and removed with zero user disruption.
- Adjust security policies with new intelligence from AppSense Insight data collected in a self-contained virtual appliance. This enables data gathering up to 15,000 endpoints with minimal ongoing maintenance.
- Develop and implement custom rules to target any combination of run-time desktop environment parameters such as OS, group membership, device type, time of day, or even file content.
Enterprises are in great need of more data on user endpoint experience in order to develop the most effective application and privilege control policies. One new feature is the Applications Blocked Report which lists applications blocked by Application Manager policies, with extensive trending, filtering and sorting.
AppSense Insight offers other reporting options: trend graphs can now plot changes in a metric over time (day, month, etc.) and IT can also pull most recent data reports for selected fields such as most recent logon time for each user in addition to minimum, maximum and average.
AppSense Endpoint Security Suite is the right solution at the right time. It gives our customers the support they need to help prevent Ransomware and Malware attacks while better monitoring the user experience, controlling application use and analyzing where policy changes need to be made.
Join us at Citrix Synergy 2016 to learn more about the AppSense Endpoint Security Suite. Available now, the security suite is being showcased in Las Vegas, May 24-26, at Booth 515G and LANDESK Interchange 16 at Booth 6.