Introducing AppSense Insight
*This post originally appeared on the AppSense blog prior to the rebrand in January 2017, when AppSense, LANDESK, Shavlik, Wavelink, and HEAT Software merged under the new name Ivanti.
AppSense customers have a deep toolbox to solve desktop problems, but figuring out where to start is sometimes the hardest part. For example, it isn’t always obvious whether problems like slow logon times affect all users, or just a subset. And even if you understand the scope of the problem, you may still not know what’s causing it.
We had challenges like this in mind when we created AppSense Insight, a new product that gives our customers a detailed view into their desktop environment.
Here’s a quick look at how it works:
With Insight, AppSense customers can:
- Spot the causes of slow logons
- Detect profile bloat
- Identify desktops with overloaded CPU and RAM
- Learn what applications are installed and who is using them
- Anticipate the user impact of removing administrative privileges
- Determine how many employees and devices are running various versions of Windows
- Discover which systems have local admin accounts and who they belong to
- Identify the types and locations of data stored on your endpoints
The best part is that AppSense Insight analytics isn’t just interesting. It’s actionable. Once our customers understand the scope and cause of their desktop user experience and performance problems, they can open their familiar DesktopNow toolbox to fix them.
AppSense Insight is available now.