February 2012 Patch Tuesday Advanced Notification
Microsoft has announced their February 2012 Advanced Notification for the upcoming Patch Tuesday. Microsoft is planning to release nine security bulletins fixing 21 vulnerabilities.
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- 4 bulletins are rated as Critical
- 5 bulletins are rated as Important
- 7 vulnerabilities could lead to Remote Code Execution
- 2 vulnerabilities could lead to Elevation of Privilege
- All supported Microsoft Operating systems
- All supported Internet Explorer browsers
- Visio Viewer 2010
- SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Silverlight 4
There has been no word of other vendors planning to release new security bulletins, but we are constantly monitoring to find any other vendors planning on joining Microsoft's Patch Tuesday.
I will be talking about these patches along with the latest non-Microsoft patches that have been recently released next Wednesday, February 15th at 11:00am CST in part of our monthly Patch Tuesday webinar. Click here to register for the webinar.
- Jason Miller