Decoding the DNA of Productivity with VDI
*This post originally appeared on the AppSense blog prior to the rebrand in January 2017, when AppSense, LANDESK, Shavlik, Wavelink, and HEAT Software merged under the new name Ivanti.
“We have deployed a solution that includes the Wyse Zero Clients, AppSense and Nutanix on the backend; and I will say it is among the most popular IT solutions I have ever deployed.” Steve Lantz, Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations, Torrance Memorial Medical Center. And this is why I love working for AppSense – it’s the customers!
There is nothing like having a joint webinar/roundtable with customers (Promise Healthcare and Torrance Memorial), a reseller/implementer (Coretek) and partners (Dell and Nutanix) to bring out the best in the joint solution. Amy Price, Product Marketing CCC for Dell moderated peppering Steve Lantz (Torrance Memorial), Mark Moch (Promise Healthcare) and Ray Jaksic (Coretek Services) with questions:
- Why do VDI?
- What benefits?
- What feedback from the clinical staff?
- How to overcome key technical issues?
- What future plans?
A few quotes of note:
- “The new login process for us if 50% faster, typically 20s or less on the initial login, 10s or less on reconnects, and the staff just love it.”
- “Wyse thin clients helped us improve security by ensuring that data is not stored on the local machines.”
- “We spend less time supporting these devices: 10-20% less per month.”
- “User Productivity was key at Promise Healthcare with VDI and disaster recovery and high availability issues resolved by Nutanix and the Coretek design.”
I hope you enjoy listening to these industry veterans as much as I did and the lively discussion around alternatives and approaches to assure a successful VDI implementation.