December Patch Tuesday Advanced Notification
Microsoft has announced this month’s Patch Tuesday release. There are 11 total patches – 5 Critical and 6 Important – expected to be released on Tuesday, December 10. Here is the breakdown for this month:
- Five bulletins are rated as Critical.
- Six bulletins are rated as Important.
- Six bulletins address vulnerabilities that could allow Remote Code Execution.
- One bulletin addresses a vulnerability that could lead to Information Disclosure.
- Three bulletins address vulnerability that could allow Elevation of Privileges.
- One bulletin addresses a vulnerability which could lead to a Security Feature Bypass.
- All supported Windows operating systems
- All versions of Office
- Office Web Apps 2013
- Lync 2010 and 2013
- SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013
- Exchange Server 2007, 2010, and 2013
- ASP.NET SignalR
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
If all expected bulletins are released on Tuesday, Microsoft will close 2013 having released 23 more patch day bulletins than in 2012 and six more than in 2011.
Join us as we review the Microsoft and third-party releases for December Patch Tuesday in our next monthly Patch Tuesday webcast, which is scheduled for Wednesday, December 11 at 11 a.m. CST. We will also discuss other product and patch releases since the November Patch Tuesday.
You can register for the Patch Tuesday webinar here.