Shavlik today announced availability of Shavlik Patch for Microsoft® System Center version 2.2—a significant enhancement to its market-leading patch management solution for Microsoft Windows® client operating systems, Microsoft applications, and hundreds of third-party applications. The latest version continues to deliver the security organizations require in order to fight against cyber breaches, while eliminating the need for new infrastructure, workflows and resources often required to deter attacks on unpatched applications.
“The U.S. National Vulnerability Database says that more than 85 percent of vulnerabilities target third-party applications, which we have been helping Windows users to patch for decades,” said Chris Goettl, senior product manager at Shavlik. “The new and enhanced features of Shavlik Patch 2.2 will help more IT and security managers overseeing Windows environments to improve the security of those environments, quickly, easily and with no disruption for users or the business.”
Like previous versions, Shavlik Patch 2.2 plugs directly into the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) console, with no additional training or infrastructure required to patch hundreds of third-party applications. Shavlik Patch 2.2 includes these new and enhanced features:
- Package search and editing – Administrators can search for, then edit and customize, patch packages as needed to comply with company policies.
- IAVA support – For Federal agencies and their partner organizations, Shavlik Patch 2.2 can automatically cross-reference U.S. Department of Defense Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) with vendor patch bulletins.
- Re-sign certificates – Many organizations choose to use shorter-lived signing certificates for heightened security. With Patch 2.2, administrators can now re-sign certificates from within the plug-in.
- Delete or re-publish updates – Administrators can now delete or re-publish updates they have previously published.
- Manage products published to WSUS – The Shavlik Patch 2.2 plug-in allows administrators to view and manage the products they have published to WSUS. The administrators can see what products are taking up WSUS categories and delete categories when needed to work around WSUS limitations.
- Metadata-only publishing – Patch managers can choose to publish patch metadata separately, for compliance reporting or to determine if the full update is needed before publishing it.
- Support for SCCM version 1511 – Fully supported on the latest version of SCCM.
To learn more about Shavlik Patch 2.2, please visit www.shavlik.com/products/patch.
Shavlik is a recognized leader in patch management, and a pioneer in agentless patching technology, virtual machine (VM) patching and third-party application patching. Shavlik solutions include Shavlik Protect, Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center and Shavlik Empower. Shavlik’s combination of premise- and cloud-based solutions enables organizations of all sizes to begin improving organizational security in as little as 30 minutes. See More, Know More and Protect More with Shavlik. www.shavlik.com
Copyright © 2016, Shavlik. All rights reserved.