New RES ONE Enterprise Shatters Digital Workspace Barriers
This post originally appeared on the RES blog before the company was acquired by Ivanti in July 2017.
Have you traveled recently? Maybe this process sounds familiar:
- Go to an online site, conduct a search, and book a flight
- Visit your favorite hotel chain’s website and book a room
- Before departure, check into your flight on your mobile device and collect your boarding pass.
- Access your online boarding pass and use it at the security and check-in lanes at the airport.
- Upon arrival, open your taxi/ride-sharing app and get a ride to your hotel.
Think for a moment of the human interactions involved. These are implied, but they’re minimal. You may have said “yes” to the airline gate agent if you were able to snag a seat in the exit row. And you presumably said “yes” when asked if your bags had been with you since you packed them, or to answer other security questions. And unless an email totally distracted you, you should have said “hello” to your driver and confirmed your destination when you climbed into his or her vehicle. But chances are, your first real conversation may not have happened until you rang up your spouse or partner upon arrival.
Today you can travel almost anywhere without uttering more than a few words. This is possible because every key task is completed through self service and automation. And all along the way, every task is kept secure. There is very low risk that anyone swiped your credit card, passport or other ID information.
If complex tasks such as travel can be simplified through technology, why should anyone subject themselves to antiquated, high-touch processes when dealing with enterprise IT? But how many IT organizations have eliminated service tickets, service desk staff, phone calls, emails and sneaker nets? Why can’t requesting access to applications or services be as simple as organizing travel?
RES believes they should be that simple. And with the unveiling of RES ONE Enterprise, that solution is easily within your reach.
RES Announces its Barrier-busting Platform
Today RES unveils RES ONE Enterprise: a platform for creating, automating and securing the digital workspace across hybrid IT environments. This latest release of RES ONE includes advanced features that improve IT management, automation, security and workspace transparency, making RES ONE a platform for more sophisticated and dynamic workflows between people, systems and things.
Yes: platform. This move from a bundled suite of products to a platform is incredibly significant for us, our customers and partners. RES has become the engine by which digital workspaces can transform the work of enterprise, making workers more productive and secure. Imagine the impact of automation and self service on:
- Employee onboarding, role transitions and offboarding
- Simplified migration to Windows 10
- New cyber security prevention and detection
- New governance programs for greater compliance around GDPR, HIPAA, PCI and SOX
RES ONE Enterprise breaks down digital barriers!
- Securely empower workers across dynamic contexts. Workers can roam freely across devices and operating systems, while their context and identity information is used to keep them secure.
- Improve ease of use for IT and the workforce. RES ONE drives a consistent administrative experience, leveraging web management portals, simplifying administration and increasing time to value. With a new, modern UI for self-service requests, RES makes it easier for workers to access the right apps and services for peak productivity.
- Gain visibility and governance. New data warehouse capabilities easily allow data to be exported from RES ONE to 3rd party BI tools, driving greater insights and governance. New RES reporting includes enhanced built-in reports to increase visibility into the digital workspace, leveraging that information to fuel better decision making.
RES ONE Enterprise makes it easier for IT to automate, secure and offer self-service capabilities that eliminate repetition, manual work and tedium as workers struggle to create the workspaces they need. With RES, requests for IT services can be as simple as booking travel: automated, seamless, secure and stress free!
What’s new in RES ONE Enterprise?
RES ONE Enterprise includes RES ONE Workspace, RES ONE Automation and RES ONE Identity Director, all of which are enhanced in this new release. RES ONE Identity Director, formerly known as RES ONE Service Store, now delivers a unique coupling of identity management capabilities with automation and managed workflows. Additionally, RES ONE Security has been enhanced with these new releases. More details on specific features will be available over the coming weeks, as we make each product available for general release. But here are some key highlights:
RES ONE Workspace
- Increased context-aware security policies across more device types, including Mac and Linux, for a better roaming experience
- New web-based management portal for simplifying administration of workspace analysis capabilities
- Enhanced reports leveraging RES reporting around most/least used applications, most/leased used websites and login performance
RES ONE Automation
- Seamless integration across infrastructure and systems through more open and flexible APIs
- New web-based management portal for simplifying the management and creation of automation jobs
- New reports leveraging RES reporting around automation job history
RES ONE Identity Director
- New, modern look and feel for self-service portal to make IT requests 24x7 for the workforce; includes update RES ONE mobile app
- Enhanced data privacy with new data masking in the management portal
- New reports leveraging RES reporting to evaluate success and verify SLAs are met around quality and speed of service transaction delivery
RES ONE Enterprise can transform your IT organization, and create an “easy button” for your workforce.
*Following the launch of RES ONE Enterprise on February 21, 2017, RES ONE Service Store is now RES ONE Identity Director and RES ONE Suite is now RES ONE Enterprise.