Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the working reality for many companies was turned upside down as they needed to adjust to remote work for their employees. This is especially true for IT departments, as IT professionals needed to support remote employees as they themselves made the transition to provide IT services from home.
This survey looked at the state of IT departments in this new remote-work environment and after surveying more than 1,600 IT professionals, it’s clear workloads have increased. Of those surveyed, 63% of IT professionals reported an increase in their IT workload since going remote.
This report details the survey’s key findings, including:
- One-in-five IT professionals rated lack of communication as their top challenge in this new normal.
- IT professionals (44%) cited the number one benefit of working from is “no commute,”
- More casual attire was also a benefit with 52% reporting that their work from home ensemble consisted of “casual dress,” with 7% admitting that pyjamas was the “new look.”
- The top three security issues in this remote environment include:
- 58% malicious emails
- 45% risky, non-compliant employee behaviour
- 31% increase in software vulnerabilities