The first sentence of the “About Ivanti” information at the end of each of our news releases says “Ivanti is IT evolved.” Which, of course, conjures up images of…the X-Men.
For those of you who are not fans or followers of comic books—sorry, “graphic novels”—superhero films, or popular culture, a bit of explanation. The X-Men are mutants, a term Wikipedia defines as “a subspecies of humans born with superhuman abilities.” Put another way, the X-Men are humans, evolved.
Evolution and IT: The need for speed
If the originators and current writers behind the X-Men are right, evolution sometimes takes significant, accelerated leaps. And it turns out that at many if not most enterprises, if IT is to secure, automate, and accelerate business operations and maximize its value to the business, it needs to take such a leap. Preferably starting now.
Why? Three factors leap to mind.
- Factor #1: the ubiquity and business criticality of IT. (It’s—IT’s—everywhere.)
- Factor #2: the transformation of how customers shop for and buy almost everything. (They now often know more about products, prices, and competitors than those trying to sell to them.)
- Factor #3: the rise, growth, and transformation of threats to cybersecurity and privacy. (Those threats are now a worldwide, multi-billion-dollar business, victimizing individual consumers and large, sophisticated enterprises.)
There are other factors contributing to the need for accelerated evolution of IT. But frankly, these three are more than enough. So what’s a beleaguered, funding-challenged, increasingly-scrutinized IT team to do?
Who ya gonna call? Ivanti!
Every enterprise needs help addressing the above factors. Fortunately, Ivanti has the solutions,
the people, the partners, and the collective expertise to accelerate IT’s evolution at just about any enterprise.
I have worked with several of our product development leaders and sales engineers. I promise you, they are as close to superheroes as you’re likely to find anywhere in IT. But you don’t have to take my word for it. You have several opportunities coming up to be impressed by some of them and the results of their work, as they fly, superhero-like, from venue to venue.
- If you’re going to the IAITAM 2017 Spring ACE Conference, May 2-4 in Henderson, Nevada, we’ll be there, in Booth #4. Come see how our IT asset management (ITAM) solutions can help you to tame complex software licenses, manage your asset lifecycles, stop paying for unused software, and start passing those software audits. Also come see Ivanti ITAM Evangelist Patricia Adams. She’ll discuss “How 2017 Technology Trends Will Impact Your ITAM Program” at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, May 2, in room Messina 4. (And if you haven’t already done so, register using the promo code Ivanti to take 40 percent off the cost of a three-day pass.)
- If you’re going to the HDI 2017 Conference & Expo, May 9-12 in Washington, DC, we’ll be there. You can hear Kevin J. Smith, Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives at Ivanti, present a Breakfast Briefing on “A New Model for World-Class IT Service Management.” He will also be featured in a Solutions Spotlight on “A Glimpse at the Future of IT.” And you can see our solutions for service delivery and user support, and talk to some of our experts in those areas. (And if you haven’t already done so, register today, using the discount code CDPCdFeo87, and take $200 off your Conference & Expo registration fee.)
- And of course, if you’re going to Ivanti Interchange 2017, May 8-11 in Las Vegas, we’ll be there. Basically everywhere. Patricia Adams and Kevin Smith are both speaking. As are Ivanti IT Service Management (ITSM) Evangelist Matt Hooper and Chief Technologist, EMEA Simon Townsend. And multiple other Ivanti executives, experts, partners—and customers. And author, speaker, and communication skills and career development thought leader Tom Catalini, who will discuss “Reaching New Heights: Personal Leadership and Your Career Success” as part of the Strategic IT track. And renowned scientist and author of the #1 best-seller, The Future of the Mind, Dr. Michio Kaku, our closing keynote speaker. (If you haven’t already done so, register today, then explore the Session Catalog and sign up for the ones you want before they fill up.)
- And if you are or will be in Europe, the UK, or Asia between May 18 and September 22, we’ll be there, on the first-ever Interchange “world tour.” Get more specifics online or from your local Ivanti representative.
Look to Ivanti to “super-power” the evolution of IT at your enterprise. Because there’s no time like the present, and no time to waste.