Microsoft has announced this months Patch Tuesday release. 8 total patches, 3 Critical and 5 Important. Microsoft did state that the Security Advisory 2896666 will NOT be included in this Patch Tuesday release. The update for the Zero-Day will be released as soon as it is ready. Shavlik’s content release today will include the Fix It for the Security Advisory for those who want to deploy it to mitigate the risk of exposure. Here is the breakdown for this month:
Security Bulletin Breakdown:
- Three bulletins are rated as Critical.
- Five bulletins are rated as Important.
- Four bulletins address vulnerabilities that could allow Remote Code Execution.
- Two bulletins address vulnerabilities that could lead to Information Disclosure.
- One bulletin addresses a vulnerability that could allow Elevation of Privileges.
- One bulletin addresses a vulnerability which could lead to a Denial of Service attack.
- All Internet Explorer versions
- All supported Windows operating systems
- All versions of Office
Join us as we review the Microsoft and 3rd Party releases for November Patch Tuesday in our next monthly Patch Tuesday webcast, which is scheduled for Wednesday, November 13th at 11 a.m. CDT. We will also discuss other product and patch releases since the October Patch Tuesday. You can register for the Patch Tuesday webinar here.