Last week, Punxsutawney Phil emerged from his winter home to bless us mere mortals with his seasonal predication. He came out, saw all of the shadow IT plaguing companies, and got the heck outta there.
To survive the next six weeks of winter, we put together a little digest of everything going on in Ivanti-world. We call this our ICYMI (in case you missed it) Weekly Round-Up.
ITSM author and expert, Kevin J. Smith, joined the ranks of famed Ivanti blog post contributors (trust me, it’s an honor) by writing his first Ivanti blog post. In the post, he discusses the timeless mission of IT, but the increasingly complex demands of the user that pushes IT into new realms. Here are some great quotes from the blog post.
- “Reacting to and fixing incidents and problems even within the framework of ITIL is not enough. IT is now called to a higher standard.”
- “The IT Help Desk and extended ITSM team can provide a broader range of oversight and faster, ideally truly proactive responses and targeted actions to aggressively address new threats and risks. This, in turn, can reduce the impact to the business or prevent any impact entirely.”
- “Being good is not good enough. IT must be Good, Smart, Agile and Fast. And the pace of business will only grow faster.”
Blog Posts of the Week
- 5 Reasons You Should Spend Your Valentine’s Day With The Men Of Patch Tuesday – Single? Dating? Married? It doesn’t matter! Tune into the webinar you’ll be sure to love, Ivanti’s Patch Tuesday webinar.
- Workspace Management: A Thankless Job When Done Right – Many people don’t notice the hard work IT professionals put in until something goes wrong. Here are six reasons why you need user workspace management.
- Automated and Unified IT: The Swiss Army Knife of the IT World? – Why unified IT offers immediate value and makes your IT department an indispensable tool.
- The User: Always Your Weakest Link – Our breakdown of the recent Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report.
- Android Migration: How Do You Know It’s Time? – The tell-tale signs of when it’s finally time to bite the bullet and start your Android migration.
Coming Up This Week
Yesterday was the second Tuesday of the month, so make sure to tune into Ivanti’s blog for breaking Patch Tuesday coverage. We also have a popular webinar where we breakdown the patches and give you a list of which ones to rollout. You can also join us in Orlando at the 22nd Annual International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition, otherwise known as Pink Elephant.