Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: ITAM, ITAM, ITAM (and SAM)!
Half of the blog posts this week are about IT asset management (ITAM), software asset management (SAM), or both. Why? In part, because of response to our August 16 webinar, now available on demand – “Steps to Cut Your Software Spend by 30 Percent.” In part, because users have been increasingly “kicking the tires” the ITAM/SAM Attainment Model developed by our ITAM Evangelist (and former Gartner ITAM Research Director) Patricia Adams. But largely, it’s because IT decision makers are increasingly realizing two things.
- They’re likely either over-paying for software to avoid failing a vendor audit, or paying unacceptable amounts of money for “true-ups” after failing a vendor audit. (Research indicates more than three-quarters of organizations over-license software in fear of an audit.)
- They just don’t know enough about their assets to be confident that they are optimizing management of those assets across their entire lifecycles. (Some 50 percent of organizations have 12 or more asset discovery tools.)
Check out all of this week’s blog posts, especially those focused on ITAM and SAM. Explore the research and other resources mentioned in those posts. And look for even more from us about ITAM and SAM management, efforts that can save money and improve IT performance, security, and agility.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Engineer Shares His 10 Reasons for Staying at Ivanti for 25 Years – Quality Assurance Engineer Todd Berber explains why his first quarter-century at Ivanti has “flown by,” “one day at a time.”
- Adventist Health Moves Smoothly from Ivanti Help Desk to Ivanti Service Management in the Cloud – how Ivanti helped a 23,000-employee health delivery system modernize its service management without disruption.
- ITAM Complexity Calls for Greater Governance – what Gartner says about the new realities of ITAM, and how Ivanti’s ITAM/SAM Attainment Model can help you navigate them.
- Three Components Required for a Complete IT Asset Management Solution (Part 3 of 4): Asset Intelligence – what you need to know to optimize your ITAM and SAM efforts, and why you need to know it.
- Product Newsletter Blog for September 2017 – the “latest and greatest” about Ivanti Endpoint Manager, Ivanti Endpoint Security for Endpoint Manager, Ivanti User Workspace Manager, and Ivanti Velocity.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for September 28, 2017: Equifax, and Beyond… – the Sonic Drive-In breach, the SEC breach, cybersecurity misspending, and more.
- SAM I AM: Software Asset Management Is Asset Management – common objectives and requirements for success can help consolidate and modernize your ITAM and SAM efforts.
- Influence of DevOps on Agile ITAM/SAM – how the evolution of DevOps is spurring the rise of ITAMOps, from Ivanti ITAM Evangelist Patricia Adams.
Coming Up This Week
- Sunday, Oct. 1 – Thursday, Oct. 5, Orlando, FL: Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – join us at Booth #449 to see our latest solutions and network with Ivanti experts and your peers.
- Tuesday, Oct. 3 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and Portland, OR, Wednesday, Oct. 4 in Tampa, FL, and Thursday, Oct. 5 in Nashville, TN – Ivanti Connect – cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, spirited discussion, and the latest Ivanti solutions.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, Tokyo, Japan: IAITAM ACE JAPAN 2017 – hear about the Ivanti ITAM/SAM Attainment Model from ITAM Evangelist Patricia Adams, and see Ivanti’s latest ITAM and SAM solutions.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, London, UK: Satisnet Ivanti User Group – UK – get a glimpse of the Ivanti product road map, see new solutions, and network with your peers at this day-long conference.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, Online: Hacked!?! How can I Fix This Fast? – Ivanti’s CISO and Principal Product Manager for our security offerings discuss why remediation is critical to defense in depth, and how newly automated features in Ivanti Endpoint Security for Endpoint Manager 2017.3 can help.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, Online: Service Management per automatizzare i processi di business oltre l’IT – Ivanti Sales Engineer Marco Mozzi discusses how modern service management can automate and improve business processes, within IT and beyond. (In Italian.)
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for updates.