Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: Interchange – in Dallas!
Maybe you’ve read the darn funny blog post, “Top 11 Reasons We’re Moving Interchange from Vegas to Dallas.” (Do so if you haven’t. It’s worth it.) Or maybe you’ve been occasionally visiting the Interchange home page, eagerly awaiting details about next year’s edition of our annual conference. Maybe you’ve even already received an invitation email from us.
Or maybe not. In which case, you should know that after more than a decade in Las Vegas, Ivanti Interchange 2018 is coming to Dallas, May 14-17. And there’s a lot more new in store than just a new venue in a new city. Interchange Dallas 2018 will feature new solutions for healthcare, new pre-conference Boot Camps, and an entirely new conference track devoted to User Workspace Management.
Worry not, though. We’ve kept the best parts of previous Interchange events – the access to Ivanti experts and executives, the ample peer networking opportunities, and the great evening events. We’ve preserved significant discounts for those who register early, too.
Read that blog post about why we’re moving. Then visit the Interchange Dallas 2018 web site to explore the agenda and learn more about the venue. Then, register now, for maximum savings (up to $500 off the Standard registration fee) and pre-Interchange excitement!
Blog Posts of the Week
- Want to Save Money and Improve Cybersecurity? Better Call SAM – how software asset management (SAM) can help you know, manage, and secure your IT environment, and save money.
- October Patch Tuesday 2017 – our take on this month’s vulnerability and patch updates from Microsoft and other leading vendors, and what you should do about them.
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Impact IT Service Management – how technology that learns just might transform how we request, deliver, and manage IT-powered business services.
- Does Your SAM Strategy Resemble a Big-Box Store? – why buying “in bulk” works better with pet supplies than with software licenses, and what you should do instead.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for October 12, 2017: Of Metrics, Growth, and Change – new cybersecurity research and analysis, more accurate breach prediction, and growth in IT hiring.
- Software Asset Management Basics and Benefits – the top 10 benefits of software asset management (SAM) – and what it has in common with surface-to-air missiles.
- Navigating the Seven Key Principles of GDPR – how proper preparation can lead to smooth sailing through the potentially treacherous waters of compliance with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation.
- Navigating Your GDPR Journey with Ivanti – how Ivanti can help you to achieve, maintain, and demonstrate GDPR compliance.
Coming Up This Week
Ivanti will be hosting Connect events, featuring cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, spirited discussion, and the latest Ivanti solutions, in Raleigh, NC and Salt Lake City, UT on Tuesday, Oct. 17, in Baltimore, MD and Seattle, WA on Wednesday, Oct. 18, and in Tysons, VA on Thursday, Oct. 19. Also this week, Ivanti will be presenting on The Power of Unified IT and exhibiting at the itSMF España Vision 17 conference in Madrid.
You can also catch up with us at the ComputerWorld Define Tomorrow event in Bristol, UK, and at the SecureLink CHECKUP 2017 event in Mechelen, Belgium. We’ll be holding our annual golf tournament and seminar in Hillsborough, NJ. Also on the international front, we’ve got webinars – one on Ivanti License Optimizer in French, one on software asset management in Italian, and one on centralized patch management in German.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for more details and updates.