Greetings. In case you were wondering, “ICYMI” is short for “in case you missed it.” And this is a weekly digest of recent news, events, and content in and around Ivanti and Ivanti.com. We hope you find it both interesting and useful. Let us know via email to [email protected] – and thanks!
This Week’s Big News: The Ivanti Security Summit!
Yes, it was last week’s Big News, too, but we think it’s that important. The Ivanti Security Summit, Powered by the Chertoff Group, takes place this Wednesday, Nov. 8, in Seattle. The event theme is Cybersecurity for Today’s Extreme Threats. The blog post Secure in Seattle: Why You Need to Attend the Ivanti Security Summit includes a summary of speakers and sessions.
The Chertoff Group is a leading global advisory firm with a focus on security and technology. Principals and expert partners of the firm will join Ivanti CEO Steve Daly, CISO Phil Richards, Manager of Product Marketing Amber Boehm, and Manager of Product Management Chris Goettl for a day of actionable content that will help accelerate your organization’s journey to better cybersecurity, today and tomorrow.
You and your colleagues can attend the Summit with Ivanti’s compliments. (You’re responsible for your travel and accommodations.) Click here for more information, or to register. We look forward to welcoming you to this must-attend event.
Blog Posts of the Week
- Podcast Recap: Crazy IT Asset Management Stats with Todd Labrum – Ivanti Product Manager Todd Labrum shares some fascinating numbers about money wasted on enterprise software, plus more.
- Of IT, Cybersecurity, Neutron Stars, and Black Holes – recently announced celestial events, and their relevance to your organization’s cybersecurity.
- Identity and Access Management for Tomorrow and Beyond – how Ivanti can help your organization take a people-centric approach to guarding the keys to your cybersecurity kingdom.
- The Ivanti Threat Thursday Update for November 2, 2017: Discouragement – and Help – a discouraging cybersecurity survey, and details about this week’s Ivanti Security Summit.
- How to Build a Career in IT with CMO Steve Morton – a lively interview with our always-interesting Chief Marketing Officer, from our shiny, new Interchange IT Podcast.
- Secure in Seattle: Why You Need to Attend the Ivanti Security Summit – the speakers and sessions that will help you improve your cybersecurity this week.
- Ransomware: It’s About Much More Than Money – how the costs of malware attacks extend far beyond cash, and what your organization can do to avoid those costs.
- Invigorate Your Security State with the CIS Top 5 – how to translate the Top 5 Critical Security Controls from the Center for Internet Security (CIS) into best practices for your enterprise’s cybersecurity.
- Quick Tips for Shipshape SAM – five ways Ivanti can help you to improve software asset management (SAM) at your organization.
Coming Up This Week
This week, you can catch up with Ivanti at three different events in the United Kingdom. On Nov. 7, we’ll be at the Food & Drink Business Conference in Coventry, and the Cetus Solutions event, “Tackle Your 2018 IT Priorities With VMware” in Leeds. On Nov. 8, we’ll be participating in the Information Security for London (ISFL) Annual Conference in London. Ivanti will also be at the Cyber Security Summit in Boston on Nov. 8. And of course, we’ll be hosting the Ivanti Security Summit, Powered by The Chertoff Group, in Seattle on Nov. 8.
Ivanti will also be in Tokyo this week, participating in the Japan IT Week trade show Nov. 8-10, and the itSMF Japan Expo Nov. 9-10. We’re also hosting a seminar, “ITxM: Demonstrate the value of IT Services for your Business” (in French) the morning of Nov. 9 in Paris.
We’ll be busy online this week as well. On Nov. 8, we’re hosting two webinars – Multilevel Protection: Fight Ransomware (in French), and Cut Profile Size, Cut Login Times. And on Nov. 9, join us for What’s New in Ivanti Service Desk 2017.3, powered by LANDESK Service Desk.
We hope to see and talk with you at one or more of these events, in person or online. Make sure to share these opportunities with your colleagues, and to check the Ivanti Events Calendar for more details and updates.