*This post originally appeared on the AppSense blog prior to the rebrand in January 2017, when AppSense, LANDESK, Shavlik, Wavelink, and HEAT Software merged under the new name Ivanti.
What a difference a year makes! In 2014 AppSense and Siemens HS were celebrating Siemens HS’ exponentially growing virtualization business due to the success of Soarian Information Access. AppSense is an integral part of the Soarian Information Access solution, optimizing logon times and managing roaming printer connections. In 2015 we are excited to be attending Cerner Healthcon for the first time, talking to customers about the new Cerner HS virtualization solutions which incorporate AppSense technology.
With more than 300 Healthcare customers (and growing) in North America, we continue to see incredible demand for our desktop management solutions which, when used with virtualization products:
- Ensure Endpoint Security and Compliance
- Optimize logon times (in Healthcare, anything more than 15s is unacceptable!)
- Enable BYOD
- Promote ‘smart access’ to programs and functionality on clinicians’ desktops based on time of day, location, network connection, client device, end-user etc.
- Enables roaming printing…seamlessly
- Stops BIG BANG migrations – AppSense lets you migrate/transition to a new Windows OS or move from physical to virtual group by group, dept by dept, floor by floor – with simple tools that enable a mixed environment, so clinicians never have to deal with the underlying OS.
At Cerner Healthcon, AppSense will be demonstrating our latest DesktopNow software for user environment management, and the tight integration with Imprivata (not to mention Citrix and VMware View). We’ll be highlighting just how much easier Windows upgrades are with AppSense, where “BIG BANG” migrations simply don’t happen.
We’ll also show how AppSense enables a smooth transition from legacy systems and devices to the new world with full roll back capabilities and a seamless user experience across physical, virtual, and cloud devices. AppSense simply makes clinicians’ and IT’s lives easier, which is especially important given that Windows 10 is just around the corner!
But don’t take our word for it. Have a look at NHS Bolton Trust Foundation’s experience: Bolton NHS Foundation Trust makes AppSense the linchpin of its Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. Better yet, come see us at Healthcon booth number 420.